↞chapter nineteen↠

Riker's POV:
This week has been utter crap. The band is arguing like crazy. My parents are sick and tired of us, and they don't even live with us! Ryland has been asking me what I'm doing every five minutes for the last hour... 😑 He finally left, and I had some time to myself. Ahh, this is nice. Suddenly, the door knob wiggled, and I threw my head into the pillow and yelled "WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM ME?!!".
"Okkkk.. I'll leave you alone then..." Lanie said. I got up and ran to her.
"I'm soooo sorry, Lanie! I'm just stressed out," I said, running a hand through my hair. She pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back and said, "No, it's fine, but you need to do something to get your mind off all this."
We haven't kissed since I stole her first kiss, but I'm gonna change that. I put my hands around her waist and kissed her. She put her arms around my neck and kissed back. She pulled away and smiled at me. "How about I take my gorgeous girlfriend out to lunch?" I asked.
"I didn't know you had a gorgeous girlfriend... Are you cheating on me?" Lanie said playfully. Truth be told, Lanie was a troll, and no I don't mean in the ugly way. What can I say though? Like Rocky, like Lanie.
"No, I was talking about my beautiful, smart, loving, weird, girlfriend. Her name is Lanie, and I love her soooo much," I gushed, pretty much fangirling over her and pretending that I wasn't talking to her about her.
"Aww! I love you too, handsome." I loved when she called me handsome, and not because it was a compliment. She makes me sound like the most handsome thing ever, but if I'm being honest, she could call me dirtbag, and I'd still think it was cute. She kissed my cheek, which threw me out of my thoughts. I put my arm around her waist and led her to my car.
"Where do you want to go?" I asked her, while getting in the car.
She got in the car as well and said, "What about Chuy's?" I nodded and drove there. I held her hand the whole ride there. I pretty much hold her hand every second I get to because that is one of my ways of showing my love for her. I got out of the car and went over to her side. She got out, and we walked in hand in hand. Later on, we got a table and ordered. I had to use the bathroom, so I went, used it, and came back to find some dude sitting in my chair, talking to my girlfriend. Mad, was an understatement. I was like the most overprotective boyfriend ever. She's my girlfriend, and I like to protect her. One time, I even stood in front of her so she wouldn't get shot....by a nerf gun. Don't judge! It was super dramatic and cool. Anyways, I approached the table and went over on Lanie's side and hugged her. While Lanie wasn't looking, I gave the guy a very dirty look.
"Sorry I took so long, love. There was a line," I said, sweetly.
She probably knew what I was doing because she kissed my cheek, and before she could speak the guy spoke. "You're dating this bleach blonde nerd?" I realized that I was wearing my glasses. Like, really? It kinda hurt, but still, work on your insults!😂 I looked over and saw that Lanie was on the verge of exploding.
"HOW FRICKIN DARE YOU SAY THAT!!! WHAT KINDA SICK DUDE ARE YOU?!?!" Lanie screamed at him.
__________________________________________________________________________________
"And that, my friends, is how we got kicked out of Chuy's," I said to family and Ellington. They all were laughing.
"Target. Chuy's. What's next?" Ross asked.
"The world may never know," Lanie said, mysteriously.