↞chapter eighteen↠

Lanie's POV:
I woke up and smile, thinking about a few weeks ago when Riker told me he loved me. Nothing much had happened since then because they had been busy. I got dressed in my average clothes and walked downstairs. As soon as I hit the floor, I was pulled outside to Riker's car.
"Where are we going?" I asked. He didn't answer, but he got in the car. I got in as well, and he started driving. He took one of my hands and held it as he drove with the other. As cliché as it is, I felt like his hand was made for mine. I loved when he held my hand. It was so simple, yet it made me feel like I was wanted. He knew how to make me feel special. I was snapped out of my deep thoughts when Riker parked the car. We both got out, and he came over to my side and took my hand again. He led me to a cliff overlooking the ocean.
Riker's POV:
This was the same cliff that was in my dream. Yep, I was going to do it! I was going to kiss Lanie. I knew this would be her first kiss, so I had to make it special. We walked over and sat near the edge of the cliff. We talked about just anything for a while.
Lanie's POV:
We were talking about something, and I noticed how abnormally close Riker was. He got closer. And closer. Wait... Was he going to kiss me? Before I knew it, his lips were on mine. It only lasted a few seconds, but...wow. Once he pulled away, I hid my face because I was blushing profusely.
"You don't have to hide. I know you're blushing. It's cute!" Riker said. He took his index finger and moved my head where I had to look him in the eyes. He kissed my temple and got up. "We probably should head back now... I didn't exactly tell anyone we were leaving..." I playfully punched his leg because I was still sitting down. "C'mon!" He pulled me up, and we went home. It was now 11:00 pm. Time passed really quickly. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers, and we walked inside. Everyone came running in the room, and bombarded us with questions.
"Everyone calm down! I took Lanie somewhere. End of story," Riker yelled over all the ruckus. Everyone stopped talking, but Ross decide to proceed.
"Where did you two go?"
"Somewhere awesome," Riker said as he dragged me upstairs. "Goodnight."
"Goodnight." He kissed my forehead and walked to his room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short, but I'm low on ideas so😬