↞chapter forty one↠

*August 16, 2021*
Lanie's POV:
"Cut!" I yelled.
Today, we were back to filming. I loved my job. The movie wasn't spectacular, but I loved it anyway. The Dark Knight is about a queen and her trying to find a husband. There is the White and Dark Knight. The white knight is your average looking, goody-two shoes, and the Dark Knight is the bad boy, questionable and mysterious type. The White Knight had the queen's hand, but she actually loved the Dark Knight. Several fights, and a bunch of other crap later, she marries the Dark Knight. Simple enough?
"No, no, no!" I heard a distance Riker say from his dressing room. I walked into his dressing room to find his hand covering his face. As he sat down on the couch, he dragged his hand down his face. He looked up and saw me.
"Did you know about this?" He asked pointing to the script.
"Well, of course. I'm the director. I know what goes on, but which part are you all worked up over?" I asked him. He pointed to a section.
Justice of the Peace: You may now kiss the bride
Dark Knight: *kisses Queen Catherine*
"Ok, maybe I didn't really notice that..." I added.
"Uh, yeah! It's always been a stage kiss. I can't kiss Diana!" He said.
You may wonder who Diana is. Diana Argon: plays the queen, was previously in Glee, broke Riker's heart, reason he wrote Wishing I Was 23. Ring a bell?
"I'm sorry, but it looks like you're gonna have to. The reason they made that a real kiss is because that is what the camera is going to focus on."
"We are shooting that scene today! I had these lines memorized and somehow I skipped over THAT!"
"Hey, calm down. It'll be ok," I said, putting my arm around him. He sighed and laid his head on my shoulder. I kissed his forehead.
"I really don't want to," he whined.
"I would hope you don't want to, but you've got to. Here's what I want you to do. You are gonna perform the scene, and at the end, you are gonna show so much confidence as if you guys had only good things between the two of you. Then, you are gonna kiss her, and the scene will be over."
"You only are probably the only woman ever to say that, you know? I don't here very many women on the streets saying, 'Babe, you gotta go kiss the woman that broke your heart like twelve years ago. C'mon! Do it for me?'" He said, mimicking a high pitched woman's voice.
"Exactly! It's been twelve years. It's not like this happened last week. You can do it," I said. We both stood up, and he hugged me.
"Hey, you know how I feel about this, but are you gonna be ok?" He asked me, his voice suddenly becoming very soft.
"It's acting. I know there's no feelings in it. I'll be fine," I said. He kissed my forehead, and we walked out together.
"Ok, guys, take your places!" He let go of my hand and walked into his place. As soon as everyone took their place, I gave the command, and the camera began to roll.
As the scene came to an end, I was getting more nervous. Why was I nervous? Diana was gorgeous, and she's older than I am. Maybe she'd give him another chance. I'm overthinking this way to much. Riker tells me he loves me all the time. I shouldn't doubt him.
I snapped myself out of my thoughts since I had to watch the scene for errors. Riker leaned in and kissed her. I did not like watching this, but it WAS just acting. He held the kiss for about twenty seconds so the camera could zoom in and out.
"And cut!" I yelled. Riker immediately pulled away and walked over to me.
"How did I do, Ms. Shadows?" Riker said, smirking. I had told him he had to be professional on set, so he took it upon himself to call me by last name.
"You did very well. I don't think we will need another take. I barely could tell that you didn't want to kiss-" I was interrupted by Diana walking over.
"Riker, can we talk?" she asked. No.
"Diana, I don't mean to be rude, but I really don't have anything to say to you," Riker said.
"I know you have some hard feelings against me, and I wasn't very nice to you when you were seventeen. I think I owe you an apology. No, I wasn't attracted to you, but that was no way to treat somebody's feelings. I just don't want any more awkwardness between us," she said. I began to smile. You could hear the sincerity in her voice. I was surprised by Riker's next move. He hugged her. Diana looked at me, shocked. I just smiled at her.
"That means a lot, and I accept your apology. You broke my heart, but it was for the best. I found this lovely lady, and I don't see any reason we couldn't be friends," Riker said, as he let her go.
"I would say that you're a sweet kid, but I can't say that anymore. You're a sweet man, Riker," Diana said. She messed up his hair and walked away. Riker turned to me, smiling. I fixed his hair and hugged him.
"She's right. Not very many people would do that," I said, smiling up at him.
"I needed to. She was sincere, and I'd hate to have the guilt of knowing I broke someone's heart."
"Let's go home," I said, intertwining my fingers with his. He smiled down at me and nodded. What will tomorrow bring?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to be clear, I made the entire movie up.
How does everybody feel about Diana?
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!
~Elizabeth✌️