↞chapter thirty two↠

Riker's POV:
I woke up with Lanie in my arms. She had one arm on my waist and the other was next my hand on my pillow. I was laying in the same position as she was. I reached over, trying not to wake her up and held her hand. Sadly, my plan failed, and she began to flutter her eyes. I leaned over and kissed her forehead.
"Happy birthday, princess," I said. She smiled at me. She had such a beautiful smile. It lit up my day every time I saw it. "We've gotta do something for the big 2-1."
She giggled and said, "What do you have in mind?"
"Don't worry about it. Just get dressed." Once we both brushed our teeth, I walked into the room while she changed in the bathroom. Apparently, Rydel and Ellington had already left.
"Riker!" I heard her call.
"Yeah?"
"I kinda... forgot a bra... Could you get me one?" I could hear the blushing in her voice. I didn't really get the big deal. Rydel talked about stuff like this all the time, so I was used to it. I definitely wasn't like some other guys who were very immature and/or perverted. I mean, yes, I was a little of both, but honestly, aren't we all? I went through her suitcase until a found a bra for her. I knocked on the door, and she opened it just enough to stick her hand out the door. I gave it to her, and she shut the door. She came out a little while later, and we were off.
I took her to an ice skating rink near my old house. We put our skates on and went out. Lanie already knew how to ice skate because I had taught her a few years ago. She wasn't really the best, but at least she didn't fall on her butt every few minutes. She put her hands on my waist as I skated around. She went off and skated herself a little, but most of the time she stayed with me.
Next, I took her to a nail salon. I brought her here to get a pedicure. Oddly, Lanie never painted her fingernails but liked her toenails painted.
"This is where my mom used to work before we moved," I said, smiling at the memories. She looked the place over before I took her hand and walked inside.
"Hi! How may I- Riker?" I looked up at the person to find one of my old friends.
"Angie?" She came over and hugged me.
"Oh my gosh! Is this your wife? She's so beautiful!" Angie said really quickly.
"Girlfriend, actually. I haven't gotten that honor yet," I said.
"Actually, you haven't asked. I'm Elaine by the way, but everyone calls me Lanie," Lanie spoke up. She stuck her hand, not really knowing what to do, but Angie pulled her into a hug instead.
"You have an amazing boyfriend. We actually dated for about a month back in high school, but don't worry, I'm married now," Angie said, holding up her left hand with a gold band.
"Who did you marry?" I asked. I figured probably John or Tom or ma-
"Josh."
"JOSH?!?!? You mean Josh, like the guy you used to be sworn enemies with?!?" She nodded. Wow... ok.... "Well, it's her birthday, so I brought her here for a pedicure. Also, does Martha still work here?"
"Yes, I do!" an apparent Martha said while approaching me. Martha was my mom's best friend and still is actually. We just didn't get to see each other very often. I hugged her while Angie started getting the water running for Lanie's pedicure.
After Angie got done with Lanie's pedicure, I picked up her shoes since she had to wear those flip flop things and paid. I had her shoes in my hand and took her hand with my other hand. She pretty much had to waddle out of the salon to the car.
"Thank you so much. I don't deserve all this," Lanie said and kissed my cheek.
"You deserve much more than I can give you. Plus, you're 21!" I said. She shook her head, smiling, and we both got in the car. Almost as soon as I was going to pull the car out of park, I received a text.
Mom💗: Where are you?
Captain Jack👻: about to leave nail salon
Mom💗: k we are about to eat so c'mon
Captain Jack👻:k bye love you
Mom💗: LOVE YOU MORE RIKER💗💗💗
I smiled as I put my phone down. I pulled out and began to drive.
"Who was that?" Lanie asked me.
"My mom. They're about to eat." I continued driving until I reached Mamoo's house. We got out, and I knocked on the door. Once we were inside, we immediately sat down at the table, seeing that everyone was already there. After dinner, she was given her presents but not without her saying that we didn't need to get her anything. She began to open mine last, because I told her to, only to find another box. And another after that. And another. And another. Finally, she opened a small box, but yet again was met with another box, but this one was a velvet box.
"Ok, I'd like to make this clear that that is not an engagement ring," I said. Mamoo smacked my arm from behind the couch. I rubbed my arm in pain. She may be my grandma, but she CAN smack! [A/N: ring at the top]
"Whoa," Lanie said, as the ring was laid in front of her. "Riker, it's beautiful!" She reached over and hugged me. I leaned my head on hers and hugged her back.
"Aww! You're such a sweet boy, Riker," my mom randomly commented. I smiled and thanked her.
After talking for a while, we all loaded up to go back to the hotel. Once we arrived, everyone started filing out, but I notice Lanie wasn't moving.
"Hey, sweetheart. C'mon we've gotta go," I nudged her.
"But Riker, I'm tireddddd!" she whined.
"Just get out of the van, and I'll give you a piggyback ride the rest of the way." She got out of the van and put her arms around my neck. I picked her up by her thighs from behind and walked all the way up to our room. Rydel and Ellington were just getting into bed. We both got ready and climbed into bed. The last thing I saw before I went to sleep was her smile.
Have I told you how beautiful her smile is?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does anybody have any questions for or about the characters?
Feel free to ask.
~Elizabeth✌️