↞chapter thirty four↠

Lanie's POV:
I woke up in between two people. Ross apparently joined the sleeping on the couch party. He had his arms around Riker's waist and his head on his shoulder. This was possible one of the cutest things on the face of the planet. Both of them were sleeping peacefully. I wanted to take a picture, but my phone was too far away. I carefully moved Riker off of me and took the picture.
I walked upstairs and got ready for the day. I had an interview today for a job, so I had to look presentable. By presentable, I mean, I had on a nice navy dress that was just above my knee, some flats, and my hair was in a bun. I began to put some makeup on when a sleepy Riker walked into the room. He was rubbing his eyes and yawning.
"Dang! What are you getting dressed up for?" he asked me in a strong morning voice.
"I've got an interview today," I said while putting the finishing touches of my makeup on. I put on some concealer, eyeshadow, lipstick, mascara, and eyeliner. I almost never wore eyeliner, but I had to keep up an appearance for this. Once he saw that I was finished, he came over and hugged me. He pecked my lips and smiled at me. That beautiful smile.
"Good luck today! I love you," he said.
"I love you too. I'll probably be back in about an hour. Bye." He let go of me, and I walked downstairs. "Bye Ross! And interview."
"Wow, that was what I was gonna ask...Bye!" Ross said. I walked out of the front door and got in my car. I pulled out and drove to my interview.
*after the interview*
Welp, I didn't get the job. I wasn't in desperate need of money since I live with Riker and Ross, but I like to bring in money for myself. I don't like asking people for stuff, especially when they've already done as much as they have.
I got in my car and turned it on, but my car wouldn't start. I popped the hood, and it appeared that nothing was wrong, but then again I don't know that much about cars. I tried several things, but I still didn't know what was wrong. Ok, I guess I'll take a cab and come get my car tomorrow with somebody that may can help me. I began to walk over to a place that I knew cabs would stop, but I was stopped by a man probably around my age.
"Hey, lady, give me you're money! C'mon right now! I won't hesitate to kidnap you if you don't," the man said. I quickly gave him my wallet. "And your phone." I gave him my iPhone too. I was beyond nervous. Relief washed over me when he ran away. Yes, he had my phone and money, but he didn't kidnap me or take the ring Riker gave me. What now? I have no money, so I can't get anywhere or call anyone on a phone. I'm not near any of- Wait! I passed Rocky's house on the way here. It's about six miles from here. Six miles is farther than I want to walk, but I've got to. By this time, my makeup was smeared from where sweat had come down my face. I didn't really get how I was sweating since it was like 57°F outside. I was almost cold actually. I was kinda in shock/scared from eariler, hungry, didn't get the job, and I had no transportation, money, or phone. Great. I began to walk while pondering on these events. By the time I'd reached Rocky's house, which was a pretty long while, I was almost in tears. I knocked on his door, and he opened it. His face went from normal to concerned very quickly. I immediately hugged him and began to cry soon after. He managed to lead me over to the couch and sat down. I was right beside him, and he had hand rubbing circles in my back.
"Lanie, can you tell me what's wrong?" he asked me. I sighed and tried to contain myself enough to talk.
"I went to an i-interview today, but I d-didn't get the job. M-my car broke d-down, and I wa-was robbed," I stuttered through my words, but I swallowed and felt able to talk more clearly. "I had to walk to your house, and, well, I didn't have a good morning."
"Come here," he said as he held his arms out. I moved over and hugged him. Rocky was more touchy feeling than you'd take him to be, but it was never in a romantic way for me, of course. "Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I love you, but in a little sister way, of course."
"I love you too, Rocky. You're like the older brother I never had along with Ross, Ryland, and Ellington."
"I'll take you home now if you'd like," he told me.
"Yeah. I think that'd be nice," I said while getting up. He got up as well, and we went to his car. He drove over to my house and parked. We got out and went inside, Rocky to the living room and me to the kitchen. I heard feet come rushing down the stairs.
"Rocky! Dude, I need your help! Lanie was supposed to be back four hours ago! I called her twenty-seven times and texted her even more than that. Then, I went to where I remember she told me her interview was, and her car was there, but the lady at the front desk said she wasn't there. I just don't know what to do," Riker said. He was talking so fast that Rocky had no room to talk. I heard a sniffle come from the room. Rocky still hadn't said anything, so I knew he meant for me to come out. I went into the room to see Riker with his head in his hands and Rocky looking down at him. I sat beside Riker and rubbed his back.
"I wanna see you smiiiiiiiillllleeee!" I sang. He looked up and almost immediately grabbed me and sat me in his lap, hugging me.
"What happened? Where were you? Why didn't you answ-"
"Hey, let me talk for a minute," I interrupted him. I told him the entire story, and he listened, pretty much staring at me.
"Baby, I'm so sorry that happened. I was so scared that you had been kidnapped or even worse." I saw another tear roll down his face. I wiped it off and kissed his cheek.
"No need to cry. I'm right here."
"Lanie, I could ha-" He was cut off by my stomach growling. "Ok, let's get you something to eat, then we'll talk more. C'mon, Rocky!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Any Rocky girls reading?
Personal opinion, but Rocky has a soft spot in my heart. I don't really find him extremely attractive, (that's me though. Definitely nothing wrong if you do) but his personality is what gets to me. And, let me tell you, that child's smile is amazing and makes the sun look like a sequin.
So, yeah. That's my rant on Rocky. Not that you really needed to know, but I called it a rant, not an information booklet😂
~Elizabeth✌️