↞chapter eight↠

Lanie's POV:

Tomorrow was the first day of tour! Right now, we were in a plane on our way to Spain. I really didn't enjoy being on this long of a plane ride, especially considering there were small crying children on the flight. I was in between Riker and Rocky. Rocky was listening to music, so basically he was totally zoned out. Riker looked like he had been hit by a truck. He had been really stressed out preparing for tour, so he hasn't slept that much recently.

"Riker, you need to sleep," I said. I was really concerned for him.

"This chair isn't comfortable though," he said in a extremely sleepy and whiny voice.

"You can lay on me if you want," I said. He nodded, pulled the armrest up, and laid down across me.
"You need to get more sleep."

"I know, but I've been really stressed lately," he said.

Before I could reply, I noticed he was asleep. Ross looked over from the other aisle and smirked at me.

"Rilanie," he mouthed.

Ross always talked about how we would make a good couple and said that he shipped us. I just gave him a death glare. Yeah, I liked Riker, but there was no way I was letting him know that.

11 hours later

"Attention, passengers. We will be descending in approximately five minutes. Please buckle up."

"Riker, we are landing. You have to get up," I said.

No response. This child! I shook him lightly and still got no response. I finally just picked him off of me, buckled him up, and let him lean on me. He was really tired to have not woken up for eleven hours. We landed, and I tried to wake him up again. He still didn't wake up. I got one of his sides, Rocky got the other, and Ross took his legs. Ellington and Ryland were stuck carrying our carryon. Poor kids. We walked out of the plane, and tried our best to get out of there as quickly as possible. Carrying a 23 year old man through an airport is really awkward. Everybody stopped and stared at us like we were carrying a dead body. Nothing to see here people!

We finally got to the van we were taking to get to the hotel. This time, I was in between Riker and Ross. Riker being asleep, and Ross smirking. I smacked his arm, yet he didn't seem to care. When we arrived, I tried to wake Riker up again, this time with success.

"Riker, you feeling ok? You've slept for almost 13 hours," I said.

"Not really. I feel rested, but I actually feel pretty sick," he said.

We got out of the car, and headed up to the hotel rooms. I was obviously with Rydel, Riker with Rocky, and Ellington with Ross and Ryland. Most of them wanted to go sight seeing except Riker, who just went to his room.

"Guys, I think I'm going to stay here too," I said.

They nodded, and I went to Riker's room. I knocked on the door, and he answered. Almost as soon as I had walked in, he ran to the bathroom. I, being a kind best friend, followed him and sat beside him rubbing his back. I started singing Let It Go for humor, but he didn't even have time to speak. He finally finished, and I could tell he was embarrassed that I had just watched him puke up his guts.

"Hey, it's ok. You would do the same for me. You don't have to be embarrassed," I said.

"Thank you," he said hugging me. I helped him up and led him to his bed. I took out my phone and scrolled through twitter.

@rossr5: look at this adorable #Rilanie moment *picture of Riker asleep leaning on Lanie*

I was going to murder him. Does he realize what he just set off?

"Riker, you wouldn't mind if your band turned into R4, right?" I asked.

"What did Ross do?" he said.

He knew me too well. I showed him the tweet, and he didn't seem too happy about it.

"Why would he basically lead people to think we're dating?!?"

"I don't know," I said. What else was I supposed to say? This was really awkward. "Do you want to watch a movie?" I tried to break the awkwardness.

"Sure. Which one?"

"What about a horror movie?"

I generally didn't like horror movies, but I felt adventurous. He looked at me funny and nodded. I popped one in and got settled next to Riker. After the movie, I was scared out of my mind. Riker was asleep. I held on to Riker's arm like life depended on it. He woke up and hugged me.

"You scared?" He asked. I nodded."It's just a movie, Lanie."

"How do you know a murder couldn't walk through the door and kill me?" I asked.

He chuckled and said," I won't let anybody hurt you. Just go to sleep!" I wasn't going to argue. I was really tired, so I fell asleep pretty quickly.

Riker's POV:

She fell asleep pretty fast. I felt something on my chest. I looked down and noticed that Lanie was laying on me. She looked very peaceful. I was still not very happy over Ross's tweet. I didn't want people to get the wrong idea. She was my best friend, and I never wanted to loose that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone listen to All Night?