↞chapter twenty nine↠

*December 31, 2020*
Lanie's POV:
I've been sitting on the couch, strumming my guitar for a few hours now when I should be getting stuff for the New Year's party tonight. The house was very quiet minus the quiet strumming. Ross and Riker were the only ones living with me now, and Ross was asleep. I felt hands on my shoulders and a kiss on my cheek.
"There's my Cali girl," Riker said from behind me.
"Rikerrrrrr! Come here," I said, patting the seat next to me. He sat beside me as I set my guitar down. I snuggled into his side and kissed his cheek. He kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger there.
"What do you want?" he mumbled against my forehead. I giggled at him knowing me so well.
"Could you go to the store for me?" I asked him, shyly.
"Ok, but I'm assuming I'm getting stuff for the party tonight..." I nodded. He got up and went to get his stuff. Once he came back, he pecked my lips. "Bye. I love you."
"Bye. I love you more," I said as he was walking away.
He shook his head, pointed his index finger at me, and said,"We'll argue about that once I get back." I shook my head, smiling as he walked out the front door. My boy.
*11:30*
The party has been a complete success so far, and everybody seems to be enjoying themselves. Riker had his arm around my waist, which wasn't unusual, and was talking about the band with my occasional comment. After that, we went over and talked to some of his old friends from Glee. Once again, he talked about the band. It was almost midnight, so everyone started gathering around the tv to watch the countdown. I was about to sit by Riker, but he pulled me into his lap.
"You know... You really aren't like any other girlfriend I've had. Most of them got tired of me talking about the band about two months into the relationship," Riker said.
"That's because I'm very proud of everything you've done with the band. You work so hard, so you deserve everything that comes to you. Plus, I love R5, music and each one of you. I love you way too much to ever get tired of you talking about the band."
"3,2,1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" everyone said. Riker leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back, and pulled back after a pretty good while.
"I love you so much," Riker said.
"I love you too."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this is short and took awhile, but I've been really busy😬 tests, school, hooligans
~Elizabeth✌️