↞chapter thirty eight↠

*June 19, 2021*
Riker's POV:
Today was the day the producers were calling to tell who got parts in the movie. I was tapping my foot and twiddling my thumbs. It wasn't that big of a movie, but I still was nervous.
Ross and Lanie walked into the living room where I was sitting. Ross sat on the recliner next to the couch.
"Nervous much?" Ross asked, smirking. I just nodded. Lanie came over and sat beside me. I laid down and put my head on her lap, smiling up at her.
"Weirdo," Lanie said.
"I can move if yo-"
"No, no, no! You're are staying there," she interrupted. She played with my hair as Ross turned the tv on. She continued to play with my hair until I rolled over, and she rested her hand on my back. After a few minutes, she began to rub my back out of boredom.
"That feels good," I mumbled. She continued to rub my back, and I started to doze off. She stopped rubbing my back which caused me to open my eyes. "Nooo! Don't stop," I whined. Before she could respond, her phone beeped. She opened up her phone and scrolled through. After about a minute, she locked her phone.
"That was the cast list. The producers are calling the cast right now," she said. I got even more nervous. My phone rang. I began to smile and picked it up, but it was my mom.
Mom💗: Have you gotten a call yet?
Captain Jack👻: No, Mom. I thought that this was it.
Mom💗: Oh. Sorry, honey. I'll let you go now. Bye!
She hung up. I sat in wait for an hour. And another. And another. After four hours, I gave up hope. I was still laying on Lanie's lap, and we had been watching TLC this entire time. My phone began to ring, and this time it was a number I didn't recognize.
??: I'm Todd Louth, the producer of The Dark Knight. Is this Riker Lynch?
Riker: Yes, it is.
Todd: Well, I was calling to tell you that you got the part as the Dark Knight. The cast is expected to meet next week at the same place you auditioned.
Riker: oh. Ok. Thank you for calling. Bye.
Todd: you're welcome. Goodbye, Riker.
He hung up, and I began to smile. Lanie obviously noticed me and began to smile as well.
"Congratulations!" she told me.
"Thanks, but it took them long enough!"
"They told me that they planned to call the lead last," she said. I sat up and turned around to face her. I leaned closer to her and hugged her. She hugged me back and laid her head on my shoulder. "You wanna go to mom's house?" She nodded her head and got my keys. She threw them to me, and we walked out the door.
Once we arrived at my parent's house, I walked with Lanie up to the door. She intertwined her fingers with mine. I knocked on the door and kissed her forehead. As I was about to remove my lips from her forehead, my mom opened the door.
"Aww! You guys are so cute!" my mom said, as I pulled away.
"Hi, Mom," I said, hugging her. I kissed her cheek and pulled away. Both my mom and Lanie both smiled. My dad came out and hugged me. Before I knew it, Mom and Lanie joined in.
"Group hug!" my mom cheered. We finally broke loose and went inside. Once everyone was settled down, I began to speak.
"So, I came over with news... I got the lead in the movie!" My parents were very excited and hugged me again. The next few months should be very interesting.