↞chapter forty two↠

*September 5, 2021*
Lanie's POV:
I woke up and immediately began to smile. Today was Riker and I's two year anniversary. I stretched and got of out bed. I basically ran to Riker's room like a child on Christmas morning, which was unusual in the sense that I hardly ever run. I frowned when I reached his room and found his bed made. I began to turn around but turned back around and walked to the bed when I noticed a note on the bed
Good morning, love! I'm sending you on a scavenger hunt to start off the day. Remember Rydel telling you about how she found out I liked you? Go to the place she found out for the next clue.
I headed down for the basement, pondering on the story Rydel had told me countless times. Apparently she found out when he was singing It Was Always You in the basement. I guess she had a good sibling instinct because I would have never guessed he was singing it about someone.
When I reached the bottom of the steps, Ryland was waiting for me.
"Ry Ry!" I said, going over to hug him.
"Lanieeeeeee!" he said hugging me back. "Here," he said, handing me a note.
"I don't care what you think as long as it's about me." (Contrary to the song, your opinion is extremely important to me, but that's not the point of this note.) I can't really think of much for this song, but I think you know where to go. Love you <3
I texted him 'I love you so much' even though I figured he probably wouldn't respond because of whatever crazy thing he was planning.
"Oh, by the way, I'm your chauffeur for this clue, so where are we headed?" Ryland asked.
"I'm going to your parents' house, but you don't have to drive me," I told Ryland.
"Riker already has us all worked into his little scavenger hunt, so, actually, yes I do have to drive you," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes yet smiled at the same time. We both got in the car, and Ryland drove over to Stormie and Mark's house. I got out as Ryland wished me luck and drove off. Stormie opened the door before I could even get to knock, and she and I walked inside.
"Here is your next clue, dear," she said, handing me the note.
You may be my favorite song, but, for the next clue, you must go to the place that reminds you of our favorite song.
"C'mon, let's go to the car, and we'll head to wherever you plan to go," Stormie said. I, once again, got in another car and instructed Stormie where we were headed. Once we got there, she left me out and wished me luck just as Ryland had done minutes before. I walk to the front of the Dark Knight studio and tried to open the door, but it was locked. I'm pretty sure it was here because the song he was referring to was Wishing I Was 23, or maybe it was... the Glee set! I called Stormie, and she came back and took me to the Glee set.
"I knew you were at the wrong location, so I stuck around," she said, putting the vehicle in park as I got out at the Glee set. I walked up to the door, and Ellington and Andy were there.
"Ell! Andy!" I said, running over and taking Andy from Ellington. Ellington handed me the next note as I kissed Andy's chubby cheeks.
I've already written several songs about you. I hadn't told you about a few of them, so here's a playlist of songs that I wrote about you.
Next, go somewhere for lunch since you're probably hungry by now. This isn't a certain place you have to go to. Enjoy your lunch break with Ross. I love you.
The playlist consisted of some of my favorite R5 songs, and several I was shocked to know that they were about me. After I began to play some of the songs, Ross arrived and picked me up. We decided to eat at Chipotle, and Ross drove there. After we ate, Ross handed me another note.
Do you remember what we use to do on summer nights?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2/17/16 Update: I edited this chapter a little, so it would make more sense for the next chapter. I'm almost done. I just need to write a little more and proofread it.
The songs for this chapter (and a few on the next one (;) are:
It Was Always You by Maroon5
I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy
Favorite Song by OAR
I Want to Write You a Song by One Direction
Summer Nights by John Travolta (Grease)
It's All About You by McFly
Jenny by WALK THE MOON

~Elizabeth✌🏼️