f o r t y - o n e

"Okay if you just wanna be mad at me I'm afraid I'll have to do this." Cameron's voice came closer to me, as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I whined beating his back. I began laughing hysterically, causing Cameron to laugh. Once inside he sat me down, and kissed my forehead.

"See, can't be mad at me." He winked, and walked into the kitchen to get a drink. Alex came into the living room from his room. There was an awkward silence before he began speaking.

"Mack I hope it's okay that I take your sister out on a date tomorrow." He placed his hands together. He seemed nervous, which he should've been. I stopped myself. I needed to try and be nice.

"If she makes you happy, and she's good to you, then it's alright I suppose." I said glancing down at my phone. Cameron walked in confused.

"Did I interrupt?" He asked his eyebrows raised. Alex shook his head and smiled.

"No I was just sitting down to watch something on Netflix." He took a seat on the couch, and grabbed the remote. His choice of Netflix was poor. He always picked the boring movies, or shows.

"Let's watch Grey's anatomy Alex!!" I hopped up onto the couch begging him. Grey's was my absolute favorite show.

He eventually gave in and turned it on. The show eventually started, and after about 20 minutes of the episode, I realized I was alone.

I observed the room, looking for Alex and Cameron. They stood in the kitchen discussing something. I pulled a blanket over me, turned the televisions volume down and pretended to be asleep, so that I could hear their conversation.

"Alex, she's not too happy about you taking Madeline out." Cameron stated.

"What am I supposed to do? Not take someone I might have a chance with out, because her sister doesn't like her? She said it was okay Cameron." Alex retorted.

They were talking about Madeline and I, and the situation at hand. I wasn't all for the dating between Madeline and Alex, yet I had given Alex my blessing so to speak.

"I know, I just don't think it's a good idea." I get Cameron's head turn towards me. I quickly closed my eyes hoping he hadn't seen that I was listening.

"Thank you for letting her be with me Alex. I know it couldn't have been easy just letting her go." Cameron's voice lowered, and I felt him turn back towards Alex. Alex sighed.

"No man, it was, but she's happier with you. She always has been. It just took me a moment to process everything. I think I'm okay with it now. Really." I smiled to myself. Knowing Alex was content with my own happiness was important to me.

I believe that if you truly love something you let it go if it needs to be let go, and I admired Alex for believing in that too.

"She still loves you Alex. You're her best friend. She wouldn't be worried about you and her sister, if she didn't. Remember that." Cameron replied. I could hear him patting Alex's shoulder. I felt Alex's eyes scanning me, before I heard the shuffling of feet. The two boys walked towards the apartment door. Their chatter was lower now, and I couldn't make it out.

"Be careful." Cameron called to Alex. The door shut and I assumed Alex had left. The patter of Cameron's feet became closer and closer to me, until they stopped in front of the couch.

"You're beautiful Mack. Even when you're sleeping." Cameron said. He picked me up gently and sat up under me, allowing me to lay on him for support.

I found it quite cute that I was asleep, yet he still spoke to me as if I was awake.

"You know Mack, you're a good friend to him. I think you did the right thing by letting him go." Cameron's voice spoke into my hair. He kissed the top of my head before leaning his own head back, closing his eyes, and gently falling asleep.

I was awoken by the door opening. Cameron and I had somehow ended up laying longways on the couch together, which I didn't mind. I assumed it was Alex. He tiptoed into the living room, seeing that Cameron was still asleep. He must've assumed I was asleep considering it was dark, and neither of us said a word.

"Okay it's clear you can come they're asleep." I heard Alex whisper. I peeked one eye open just enough to see who Alex was trying to sneak in.

It was Madeline. She followed him into his room, and I assumed things were gonna get pretty heated considering he locked the door. I chuckled to myself at the thought. I thought to wake Cameron to laugh with me, but then just decided to let him sleep. It had been a long time since he'd fully been knocked out, and he honestly needed it.

Around 4 am, Cameron's phone blared through the apartment. Hotline bling once again, filled my ears and the room.

"Cameron." I mumbled. "Answer your phone."

He reached over to the side table picking it up. As he answered it, he rubbed his eyes trying to wake himself.

"What?" He said wide awake. "Is everything okay?" A few moments later Cameron hung up the phone, and ran to Alex's room.

"Dude, get up." He yelled throwing a pillow that hit him in the face.

"Cameron what's wrong?" I asked.

"SIERRA SHES HAVING THE BABY COME ON." He grabbed my arm pulling me towards the door.

"Alex if you're not in the car within the next 5 minutes I'm leaving you." Cameron chuckled at his words and hopped into the drivers seat. I slid into the front, forcing Alex to take his pick at the back.

"I'm so freaking excited." Cameron sat up in the drivers seat, as he drove to the hospital. He was almost 19 years old, but he still acted like he was 6. I didn't mind at all.

When we made it to the hospital, Cameron passed us, and went straight to ask for Sierra. The nurse said she was in the delivery room, and that we'd be allowed back as soon as everything was taken care of.

After sitting in the waiting room, for what seemed like an eternity, a tall handsome Doctor walked out smiling.

"It's a girl." He said. "She's beautiful, and healthy. You guys can come back now." He pointed for us to follow him, and Cameron sped up hot on his trail.

The doctor was right. She was absolutely beautiful. Sierra held the newborn in her arms, whispering small things to her. She smiled when she seen the 3 of us walk in.

"May I hold her?" Cameron asked. His jumping had calmed, and he was serious. Sierra nodded handing him the baby, and he carefully cradled it in his arms.

"Hi." He said smiling down at her.

"What did you name her?" I asked Sierra. She glanced at Cameron and then back to me.

"Well I decided on Calex. Brent said he wanted both of the boys to be included in her name. So we came up with Calex." (Pronounced like Kayla but with an -ex.)

"You're absolutely beautiful Calex." Cameron said as he observed her. The sight of him with the baby, warmed my heart. I wish his own baby, would've lived to be here with him. I truly think she would be just as in love with him, as he would have been with her.