s e v e n t e e n

Choices define you. Even the smallest ones can make the biggest impact on your life. The wrong pick, and I was screwed for the rest of mine. Because either way one of them would end up hating me.

"Okay", I said standing in front of the both of them. I had asked them to take a seat on the couch, and I was now standing in front of them about to speak.

"Cameron, I loved you. You were everything to me, but you lied to me. You chose your business over me, by lying to me." I quietly snapped. I regained myself, looking over to Alex.

"You. Alex you're such an amazing guy. You've been nothing but kind and sweet to me, and you've been here for me. But I feel like you think I only dated you because of Cameron."

I glanced back and forth at the both of them. Cameron sat with his head in one hand pouting.

"How is it fair of you, to make me choose between the both of you?..." I asked trailing off. "It's not."

"I love you both so much. You're both my favorite people. But asking me to choose one of you, is like asking me to kill the other one off, and I can't do that." I said tears streaming down my face.

"Then date both of us." Cameron blurted out.

Alex and I gave him a disgusted look. He furrowed his eyebrows, looked over to me and then back to Cameron.

"So you want to share a girlfriend? Are you stupid?" Alex asked sarcastically. Cameron shrugged. "I just thought it was a good idea, my bad." He said.

"See you're making a joke out of this, and it's not Cameron." My tone turned serious.

Cameron narrowed his eyes. "Oh I'm making a joke out of it? You're the one overreacting!"

"Overreacting? You wanna talk about overreacting? I SHOULD'VE overreacted when I found out you were running a prostitute business. I SHOULD'VE overreacted when Alex said you called asking for bail money. and I SHOULD'VE overreacted, when I thought that DATING YOU WAS A GOOD IDEA. BECAUSE IT WASN'T. YOU ARE AN IDIOT, AND STUPID AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I EVER THOUGHT YOU WERE ANY GOOD. YOU WERE THE WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE." I stopped yelling to catch my breath. Cameron's eyes were watery, and I could tell what I said hurt his feelings, but I didn't regret it.

Alex glared at him, then realized he was crying and his face softened. He glanced over at me, waiting for me to say something again.

"Mack.." Alex said softly.

Cameron stood up and went to his room shutting and locking the door.

"What?" I said. "You don't see it do you?"

"No.. You don't see it. Have you ever once stopped to ask him what he was going through? Or how he felt? He's always put you first Mackenzie. But the problem is, is you've never put him first." Alex stated.

I felt a twinge in my stomach. I didn't feel bad for what I said. He needed to hear it. But Alex was right. I had never once asked him how he was, or what was going on in his life, or gotten his full side of the story about his business. 

"I know I'm sorry." My voice cracked slightly. I walked down the hall way to Cameron's room, and knocked on his door.

"Yeah?" He said. I could hear the hurt in his voice, and could tell he was bawling at this point.

"Cam.. It's me." I said quietly. "Please."

"Just go away Mackenzie."

"Cameron please."

It was silent for a few minutes, and finally he opened the door. My eyes met his wet, red ones, and my heart stopped. I had seriously hurt him, and I hadn't meant to this bad.
I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything. I just wrapped my arms around his torso, and squeezed hoping he would squeeze back. But he didn't. He only began to cry more.