e i g h t

The court day had exhausted me emotionally and physically. Thinking of the hate my mother felt for me, as she walked into the back of the courthouse burned inside of me. The one person who was supposed to love me the most, had never truly meant it at all, and that hurt more than anything.

I quietly stepped into the house, and sat my stuff down sighing. Although I was thankful it was all over, I was fearful of what the future might hold. I observed the room, noticing Kylie who had paid no attention to my arrival through the door. She was still giving me the silent treatment, for the whole Cameron ordeal.

"Gina? Where's Cameron?" I asked my eyes searching for him. All I had wanted at the moment was for him to hug me.

"I think they're out back sweetie." She replied go in me a soft smile.

I guided my way outside, and seen Cameron and Alexander sitting on the porch swing, laughing. The laughter stopped once they noticed me stepping out.

"Hi beautiful, how did it go?" Cameron asked me smiling.

I felt tears coming up behind my eyes. All of the emotions of one day had finally hit me, and I shook my head, trying not to cry.

"No, no I didn't mean to make you cry.. Come here." He said patting his lap. Alexander gave me a frown, showing small sympathy for me. I could tell he felt sorry for me, but was unsure of what to say. I sat down in Cameron's lap, and he wrapped his arms around me, while pulling me closer to him. He played with my hair, while him and Alex began talking again.

I wasn't even offended that he didn't talk to me, and quite frankly, I didn't care. Being near him was enough for me.

"So what are you gonna do?" Alex asked Cameron.

Although my eyes were shut, I was listening closely.

"I don't know. She's going to catch me. Then instead of sending me to dad's she'll send me to a military boot camp." Cameron said chuckling.

"Dude, come on I'm serious." Alex stated seriously.

I could feel Cameron tense up. He shifted a little to get more comfortable, pulling me with him.

"I don't know yet. We'll figure it out, don't worry." Cameron replied.

"Yeah "don't worry"." Alex said throwing quotations over "don't worry". Cameron playfully slapped him, and the two began laughing again.

I was curious. What could Cameron have done that he was hiding from Gina? The real question was, what was he not hiding from Gina. I didn't ask Cameron about it yet. I figured when the time was right he would tell me, or I would just ask when he and I were alone.

"Hey Mack", Cameron said, "waking me up". I wasn't asleep, but that's what he had thought.

"Yeah?" I asked pretending to be sleepy.

"I like you. You like me. Be my girlfriend, and keep dating me?" He said laughing hysterically.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his cheesy line, so I had no option but to say yes.
I nodded and he kissed my forehead. 

"I know it wasn't  extravagant, but it doesn't mean I don't like you a lot." He said smiling.

I didn't care. Finally I was his, and he was mine. And there was nothing anyone could say to stop us.

Later that night I tried speaking to Kylie, but yet again, she ignored me. Gina had been preparing dinner, and called us down to eat soon after she had finished. Alex was staying again, since he was enjoying his "brotherly" time with Cameron. We all took our spots at the table, prayed and then began eating.