s e v e n

"You told her?!" Cameron whisper yelled.

I mentally face-palmed. I had told Kylie that Cameron and I were a thing, and she hadn't taken to it very well. She kicked me out of her room, without even speaking and locked the door giving me no other choice than to go to Cameron's room.

"Cameron. She partially knew." I said.

"Mack", he whined leaning his head back.

He glanced down at the sleeping Alex in his bed, and then back at me slightly confused.

"Uh? Has he been there the whole time?" He said letting out a laugh.

I nodded. "Yes, but Cameron focus."

I snapped my fingers in front of his face, and his laughter disappeared.

"What are we going to do? She's going to hate us both." I said frowning.

"Well she already hates me, so you're on your own on this one." He chuckled.

"CAMERON." I whisper yelled back. "IM SERIOUS."

He blew out air and ran his hand through his hair.

"I don't know." He said sitting down on the foot of his bed. I groaned. I had lost my best friend, and not only that, but now she hated me. I looked over at Cameron, who was staring at the sleeping Alex in his bed. He turned back around to face me.

"What?" He asked innocently.

I couldn't help but smile. "Just, you. The way you look at him, like you hit the jackpot."

"I did. I found my brother." He said smirking.

I was proud of myself for doing this for Cameron. It truly made him happy, and even though Gina wasn't too happy about it, Cameron was ecstatic.

"Come on, let's go get a drink, and chill on the couch since we can't sleep here." He said giving Alex one last look.

We tiptoed downstairs and into the kitchen. I took my spot at the bar, and he took the bar stool beside me, after getting us both a drink from the fridge.

"If she's really your best friend, then she'll be happy if you're happy." He said softly.

He was right. Kylie had been my best friend for 9 years, and if she was willing to throw away our friendship just because I might have a chance at dating her brother she has a serious issue. I gave him a smile, and he returned with one of his best ones.

"You're right." I said quietly.

He nodded sarcastically. "You don't have to tell me twice!"

He was always so conceded, although I kind of admired it. He was confident in himself, something I had always hoped for myself, but never could I bring myself to be as confident as him. The rest of the night, we laid on the couch, watching movies, and occasionally making small talk, until I slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Mackenzie", I sat up and looked around startled. Gina had been calling my name to wake me up. I peered at Cameron, seeing that he was still sound asleep.

"We have to go to court today.", she said giving me a small smile.

I nodded letting her know I got the message before stretching and standing up. I walked into Cameron's room, to grab one of my bags, since Kylie had kicked me out of her room the night before.

"Goodmorning!" Alexander said startling me. "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you."

"No it's fine! and goodmorning to you too!" I said as I grabbed my bag.