t e n

Days since Cameron's been gone : 4 days

It had been 4 days since Cameron had left. I had spent my time with Alex. He somehow filled the spot that Cameron had left empty. As crazy as it sounds, when I should've been upset, I was guilty because I was having so much fun. Don't get me wrong, I did miss Cameron, just not as much when Alex was around.

I had thought about him calling me beautiful many times during the last 3 days. He had frozen up after saying it, and I had not dared asked him about it.

"Hey Mackenzie!" Alex called, as he stood in the kitchen on his phone. "Guess who's calling!"

I ran into the kitchen snatching the phone out of his hand as he laughed.

"Hello love." Cameron said shyly.

"Hey Cameron." I said smiling and taking a sigh of relief.

I had missed his voice just as much as him. It somehow managed to keep me calm through what all has happened. Alex sounded like Cameron, but not 100% alike, which made it different, but I was coping.

"How are you?" He asked, as I could feel him smiling through the phone.

How was I? I was great, actually. Terrific, other than him not being there. But that was what was so weird. He wasn't there, and yet even though I missed him, it never seemed to be enough to upset me.

"I just miss you." I said, hoping that it sounded convincing.

"I miss you too." Cameron said going quiet into the phone.

"Cameron, I have a question." I said, more excitedly than I should have.

"Shoot."

"Why have you never talked about Sierra?" I asked curiously.

The line went quiet for a second, and then I heard him clear his throat. He seemed to be stalking, but I was listening intently waiting for an answer.

"She's just not apart of our lives. She's always been a daddy's girl, and her and my mom never got along." He said his voice fading.

"Oh..." I said creating another awkward silence between us.

"Look I have to go, I'm still scheming up a plan to get out." I could feel his prominent smirk through the phone, and I smiled.

"Alright." I said. "Talk to you later Cam."

He hung up, and I handed the phone back to Alex who had been jokingly offended by me snatching it from him. He laughed as he took it from my hand and placed it back into his pocket.

"So?" He asked. "How is he?"

"He's still scheming his way out." I said smirking.

"So are you guys still together? You know? Dating?" Alex asked shyly.

I gave him an awkward look. Of course were still dating. Or atleast I thought so. Cameron never said we were breaking up, only that Alex was to take care of me.

"Yeah I guess so." I said after pausing to rethink his words.

He nodded. "I'm gonna go lie down." I said.

Alex told me goodnight, and I walked upstairs to Cameron's bedroom, before going to my own. I truly did miss him. I laid on his bed. It smelled so much like him. I went to his drawers to look and see if he had left any clothing behind, and boy was I lucky. One shirt had been misplaced, causing him not to put it in his suitcase. I picked it up and smelled it. It smelled of him. I went to my room, and threw it on before getting under my sheets. I had just about fallen asleep when I heard a knock on the wall outside of my room. A gleaming Alex stood in the door way and smiled at me.

"Mack?" He said quietly.

"Mhmm?"

"It's about Cameron." He said his voice falling.

I shot up. "What's wrong?" I panicked.

"He tried escaping the treatment center, and the guards mistook him for someone trying to break in. When they told him to stop, he kept running, and they shot him."

"What..?" I asked baffled. "IS HE OKAY?! ALEX."

"He's at the hospital, he just got shot in the arm, but I'll take you down there if you want."

"YES RIGHT NOW." I demanded. Alex nodded, and I jumped up heading towards his car. I didn't even care that I was still wearing shorts, and Cameron's shirt, I was getting the opportunity to see him.

When we reached the hospital, Alex and I jumped out. I ran ahead of him in the E.R.

"Can I help you?" A nurse asked me, trying to guide me to a seat.

"Yes I'm looking for a Cameron. Cameron Dallas."
I said shaking.

"Oh right this way, I just left his room." She said smiling.

She guided me down a hallway, and to his room, letting me in. I glanced in to the room, to see Cameron laying in his bed, playing on his phone.

"Cameron?" I asked startling him.

He glanced up, and a grin spread across his face.

"My girl." He said chuckling.

"Cameron you are so stupid." I said laughing.

"Look I got shot for you. Love me." Cameron smirked.

I ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

"You're wearing my shirt?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah it smelled like you. And I miss you." I said blushing.

He smiled again. "I don't want to go back there. I want to go with you."

"I want you to, too." I said glancing down.

"Then I will." He said giving me a reassuring look.

"But your mom.."

"Who cares what my mom thinks, I'll get my own apartment if I have to." He said shaking his head.

I nodded. "Okay."

The doctor walked in giving Cameron a disappointed look.

"Cameron were going to have to take you back." He said holding his clipboard.

"No sir." He said showing no fear.

"Mr. Dallas you know the conditions. You must come back with us, until you are of age to make your own life decisions."

"I'll be 18 in 45 minutes." He said causing me to give him a shocked look. I glanced over to Alex who was now sitting beside me.

"You didn't mention it was your birthday tomorrow?" I said folding my arms in front of me.

"That's because it's-

Cameron cut him off. "Yes. It's our birthday tomorrow. Silly you, how could you not remember your boyfriends own birthday?"

The doctor searched his chart, before looking up again.

"You seem to be correct mr. Dallas." He said glancing back down at his clipboard.

"Well, I'll set you up for discharge." He said before exiting the room.

Cameron started laughing. "CAMERON? YOUR BIRTHDAY ISN'T TOMORROW HOW?" I asked.

"Everyone thinks just because I get in trouble all the time that I'm not smart. You'd be surprised how easy it was to change my birthday in the program." He chuckled.

Alex and I sat in astonishment, and then joined in laughing.

"So you're coming home?"
I asked happily.

"I'm coming home." He replied.

•••

A/N : OK I KNOW THIS CHAPTER SUCKED, but school is starting back tomorrow and my schedule is super super busy with extracurricular and what not. So please understand I will try my best to update soon. Thank you! Love you!