f i f t e e n

Alex and I hadn't spoken about the kiss. Or if we had feelings for each other. He had pulled away after, and went back to the couch and sat down flipping through tv channels.

I carelessly walked into the living room, and sat down beside him. He looked over at me and smiled.

"What?" I said giggling.

"You're beautiful." He replied. It reminded me of the time we once sat in the car together. He had glanced over at me, and said those exact same words.

Alex bent down, and picked up the remote off of the table. He turned the television off, set it back down, and glanced over at me.

"I'm sorry for kissing you earlier", he chuckled looking down at his hands.

"Why?" I asked laughing. "Am I bad at it?"

"No", he laughed. "I just didn't know if you wanted me to or not."

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks.

"I don't mind." I said smirking.

Alex laughed. He threw up an "ok" sign, before standing up and grabbing my hand.

"Come on." He said pulling my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked answering to his demand.

"Well. If I'm gonna kiss you, I guess I need to take you on a date." He said winking.

He pulled me towards the door, grabbed his keys, and we both jumped into his car. I looked over at him, and smiled, and he smiled back.

"A date?" I asked.

"Well I'm not trying to kidnap you, am I? I do have your consent right?" He answered laughing.

"Yes, Cameron." I said.

I froze. I had called him Cameron. Mental face-Palm. Alex's smile faded, and he seemed uncomfortable. I honestly hadn't meant to call him Cameron. It was an in the moment thing, and I was still trying to get over him.

"Alex.. I." I started.

He shook his head, and kept his eyes on the road. He pulled the car over on the side of the street, and stopped.

"Maybe we should just get take out.." He said looking down.

"Alex." I whined.

He turned the car back on, and turned it around. We rode back to the apartment in complete silence. Neither of us wanted to speak, whether it was fear of hurting each other more, or just needed to have that silence.

He got out of the car and walked inside, with me not far behind him.

"Alex, please talk to me." I finally blurted out.

"Mackenzie." He said closing his eyes, and shaking his head. I closed the door behind me, and threw my phone on the bar.

"No. Alex talk to me. Or at least listen to me." I cried.
"I didn't mean to."

"No. It's fine. I get it. You're going through a break up still, and you only wanted to be with me because I am basically another Cameron. I get it."

"Alex it's not like that."

"But it is.. You only wanted to be around me, because I reminded you of Cameron." Alex said, tears rolling down his face. He was truly hurt, and nothing I could say would fix it at the moment, so I didn't speak.

"That's what I thought.." He said his voice fading. He turned around, and walked to his bedroom slamming the door. I followed behind, beating on it.