f o r t y - t h r e e

I woke up around 2 p.m. Cameron was no longer up under me, and Alex was still not back. I sat up glancing around trying to find Cameron. He sat at the bar, with his glasses on, writing on a piece of paper. His eyes were concentrated, and you could tell he was into whatever he was doing.

"Cam? Babe, what are you doing?" I asked him sitting up to stretch. He pushed his glasses onto the top of his head.

"I'm filling out paper work for Alex." He said smiling.

"For Alex?"

"Yes, I'm giving him the money. I thought about what you said, and you were right." He smiled again, causing me to catch it. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you." I whispered to him. I could feel him smiling, and I was glad he had chosen to do this. Alex would be so excited to learn that he would be getting to go to Yale. Somewhere that he had dreamed of going.

"So when does he get here?" I asked. "Have you told him yet?"

"No I haven't seen him, but I'll call him in a few and tell him to come home." He kissed my temple and pulled his glasses back down to his eyes, continuing onto his paperwork.

"Hey cam" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"You did the right thing. He'll be very happy." He deserved to be praised. This was something I didn't expect him to change his mind on. And now Alex would be able to follow his dreams of becoming a paediatric surgeon.
He smiled and continued to work.

I laid back down on the couch, and just as the few many times that I had before I stared at ceiling fan. The way it spun, around, and around, and around.

Alex came in soon after what felt like 5 minutes. He still seemed upset but stopped at the bar, when Cameron called his name. I sat up and peered over the back of the couch to see. He stood in what he had left in, except with his return he brought the sweet smell of summer from outside. His cheeks lightly red from the heat, and his hair pulled back in a SnapBack. He gave me a weak smile, and looked back at Cameron.

"Mack told me you received an offer from Yale this morning?" Cameron, acting subtle, was always trying to play it smooth, even if he really couldn't be. I chuckled at his attempt.

"Yes, but I'm not going. So can we please not talk about it?" Alex pulled the black SnapBack off of his head allowing his hair to go everywhere. He ran his fingers through it, attempting to fix it enough so that his hat was no longer necessary, but after a few tries of not being able to fix it, he placed the hat back on.

"Alex. You are going. I'm giving you the money for it. It's all here for you." Cameron's eyes gleamed. He wanted for Alex to so badly take his offer that he was practically leaning over the bar. Alex's eyes went wide, and his mouth dropped open.

"Cam, you can't be serious..." He stood at the countertop in shock. His eyes scanned over to me for my approval of this. I closed my eyes nodded, and smiled. His wide open mouth turned into a grin. He wrapped his arms around Cameron picking him up and hugging him.

"Cameron thank you. Thank you so much I promise I won't let you down." He repeated. I'll never forget the moment.

They were happy, truly happy. Cameron did what he needed to do and for that i would forever be proud of him.

Cameron's eyes met mine, and I mouthed to him "I'm so proud of you." He cheesed back at me, and blew me a kiss.

"Just finish through with it is all I ask." Cameron said. "Don't let my money go to waste."

Alex engulfed him into another hug again, and then sprinted to his computer to reply back to Yale. I walked over to Cameron, placing my hands in his.

"I'm so very proud of you. You did the right thing." I squeezed his hands and leaned over to kiss his lips.

"You were right. He did deserve it." Cameron commented. I could hear Alex from his room, singing along to "Dont" by Bryson tiller. I laughed to myself, at the excitement and joy he was feeling. Something he truly hadn't felt in a while.

I remembered how in my dark time, when the light finally broke through, I felt that relief. That joy. That overcome of pure bliss.

It is truly the moments like these that we live for. But to get to them isn't always easy. We must fight for them, love for them, cherish them, and always, always remember them. That is what makes them so special. And although they are quite rare, when they do happen, they make all of the bad things, seem to disappear into thin air without a care in the world.

I think that is why I truly find joy within Alex. I think that is also why I find that same love and compassion for Cameron, and why everyday I choose him over and over again.

••••
Short & crappy chapter I'm sorry ): I'll update a better one as soon as I can! I love you all :) thank you for understanding.