n i n e t e e n

"Cameron!" I yelled.

I had been awake for some time now. It was 12 p.m. And he was still sound asleep. He rolled over and pulled a pillow on top of his head.

"Maackkk." He grumbled.

"Come on Cameron wake up, let's go do something exciting!" I giggled.

"Okay okay, give me 5 minutes." He said throwing up his hand showing me his face fingers. I got up to shower and threw a pillow at him to make sure he was still awake.

I got in the shower, and I could hear talking. I turned the shower knob down some to hear who was speaking.

"Look.. I'm sorry." The voice said. I recognized it as Alex's.

"I didn't mean for last night to happen.. I was just upset, and if she really makes you happy, be with her." Alex again.

He was giving Cameron his blessing. Although, Cameron had already taken the offer without it being given. After I showered, I changed into some cute clothes, and walked out. I remained by the door, not wanting to interrupt their moment. Gladly, neither of them had noticed I was standing there.

"Alex, it's okay. I just don't want you to be mad at her or me. Especially her. You're her best friend." Cameron smiled.

"Really?" Alex's face lit up. He was overjoyed. Of course I was his best friend, he was still one of the most amazing people I knew, and nothing he would say or do could change that.

"Really." I said interrupting. Their attention turned to me. They both were startled by my entrance into the conversation.

Alex wasted no time in coming over to mE to give me a hug. I hugged back tightly. His hugs had always been the best, even better than Cameron's. But of course I'd never tell Cameron That.

"I missed you." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I missed you too." He whispered.

He pulled away, and stood back glancing from me to Cameron. Cameron got up and grabbed an outfit from his closet to wear, and every thing seemed to go back to normal for the day.

Cameron and I went out for lunch since he had slept through breakfast, and Alex had joined us. 

Back at the apartment, everyone was chilling out. Cameron and I were cuddled on the couch, and Alex sat on the other side continuously staring and smiling at his phone.

"Whatchu smiling at boyyyy?" I said teasing.

He glanced up at me and chuckled. "Just a friend." He replied with a smile.

"Just a friend huh?" Cameron added.

Alex's cheeks began to blush. "Yes cam, just a friend."

"Nah you're blushing it's a girl." I laughed.

"Okay okay you caught me." He said throwing his hands up defensively.

"So who is it? Come on spill!" I said kicking him.

He rubbed his leg, and complained, but quickly pulled up a picture on his phone to show me. She was gorgeous, and she looked nice as well.

"Her names Maleah." He said smiling. "I met her today at lunch."

"Is she nice? She's not a murderer is she? OH MY GOD WHAT IF SHE CHOPS YOUR PE-"

"OOOOHHHKAY. That's enough questioning Mack!" Cameron interrupted me. 

Alex and I laughed uncontrollably.

"She's very kind." Alex replied after we had finished laughing.

I gave him an approving nod, and then looked back at him. "If she hurts you, just know I'll be there to kill her."

Alex laughed, and nodded. "Hey do you guys mind if I go out?"

"Ohhhh with your friend that's a girl right?" Cameron teased.

"Oh come on you guys chill." Alex seemed slightly annoyed now, but managed to laugh some when he seen me trying to hold my laughter in.

"Yes, go. And remember. No baby making!" I yelled as he walked out the door. I'm pretty sure he flipped me off in the process.

Cameron and I soon fell asleep, but was awaken by a drunken Alex stammering through the door with a girl carrying him in.

"What the hell?" Cameron asked jumping up to grab Alex.

"He just.. We just went out for a drink." She said frantically.

"A drink? He's not even 21 yet!" I yelled back at her defensively.

She put her hands up as to say it wasn't her fault. I knew she was Maleah, and obviously she had let Alex do this to himself.

"Come.. Come on guyssss. It was... Just 2,7,10 drinks." Alex slurred.

Cameron gave the girl a disapproving glare. She chewed on her fingernails, anxiously waiting for one of us to say something. I sat Alex down onto the couch, and Cameron escorted the girl, not so kindly back to her car.

"If you ever come back around him again, I'll make it my personal business to have you arrested." He said darkly.

He walked back in locking the door behind him. I had laid back on the couch pulling Alex into my lap, to keep him from trying to get up.

"Mack. Have I.. Ever told you.. That you are just... You are just soooooooo beautiful." Alex said struggling to get his words out. I chuckled.

"Yes you have plenty of times." I replied. He smiled widely, laughing at my comment.

"What were you thinking Alex?" Cameron demanded to know.

"I wasn't... I wasn't thinking about anything." He said innocently. I couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

"You weren't thinking at all. That's the problem." Cameron said annoyed.

"Cam.." I said trying to calm him down. "Chill? Just a tad. He's here. He's not hurt. He's fine. Let it go."

Cameron's scrunched, concerned face, eased down. He seemed to be more calm now, and I asked him to grab 2 aspirin, and a water for Alex. I knew this would hit him hard in the morning.

"Here take this." I said handing it to Alex. He obeyed, and I pulled him back into my lap, keeping him there until he was drowsy. He laid sleepily on me, and played with my fingers until he was knocked smooth out.

"I don't get his logic." Cameron said returning to his frustrated self.

"Cameron. He's a kid too. Let him live and learn a little." I said defending him.

"Let him learn that it's okay to drink under age?" Cameron retorted his voice pitching.

"So you mean to tell me, that you've never drank before?" I said raising my eyebrows.

He looked down at his hands, back at me, and bit his lip.

"That's what I thought." I said smirking. "He just has to learn Cameron just like you did."

Cameron nodded, and helped me put Alex into his bed. I covered him up, and kissed the top of his forehead. I closed the door quietly, and turned to bump into Cameron.

"Oops, sorry." I giggled.

He pulled me into an unexpected hug. I looked up into his eyes to see how upset he was.

"What's wrong?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing." He said still hugging me.

"Please cam tell me." I said rubbing his cheek with my thumb.

He glanced down at me, before trying to keep himself from crying.

"I just don't want to lose him."