t w e n t y

"You won't lose him." I said comforting Cameron. "At Least not right now anyways."

He kept his head laid in my lap, sniffling every few minutes to keep his nose from running. Alex had finally went to sleep in his room, but by the time, he would soon be waking up.

Cameron and I had been up all night, talking. He refused to go to sleep, in case of Alex's awakening to which he would do something dangerous. I tried assuring him that every thing would be okay, but he's stubborn, and he always has been.

"Mack." Alex called from his bedroom. I shoved Cameron off of me and ran into his room as fast as I could, Cameron trailing not far behind me.

"Is every thing okay?" I asked out of breath.

"My head hurts so bad." He said crying. "Please make it stop."

I gave him a sympathetic look. Nothing else could be done for him, and it hurt me to know that he would have to lie here in pain. I thought of a quick idea.

"Here." I said gently lifting his head up, and gently placing it in my lap. I placed both of my fingers on his temples, and pushed a small amount of pressure into them, slowly moving my fingers into circles. His breathing calmed, and he closed his eyes.

"Is that better?" I asked.

"Yeah." He mumbled. Cameron watched from the door way, and I could read his face. It was full of jealousy.  He had no reason to be jealous though. His state turned into a small death glare towards me.

"Cameron." I said in a low voice. "Bedroom."

He rolled his eyes, spun on one foot and turned back towards his room.

"I'm sorry." Alex said sadly. "You don't have to do this for me."

"Alex. I'm doing this because I want to. And I hate seeing you in pain." I replied.

I slowly moved my hands away. "Good now?" I asked. He looked up at me with a warm smile. "Yeah thanks." He replied.

I stood up and tiptoed to Cameron's room. I knocked on the wall by the door.
"Knock knock." I said.

Cameron's back was turned towards, me but it never moved when I knocked.

"You don't get to be mad at me Cameron.." I said sharply. "I was helping him. He's still my bestfriend and I still care."

"But you never did that for me." Cameron growled.

"YOU'VE NEVER HAD A HANGOVER AROUND ME CAMERON!" I half yelled.

"Not that.." His voice faded, and he sat up to face me. "The way you care about him. You never cared that much about me."

He looked down, and then back up at me. "Cameron that is not true. I love you. Do you hear me?  I love YOU. Only YOU. I love Alex. But I LOVE you. You are my everything Cameron, and if it came down to it, I would hold your head in my lap for you too."

"You really mean it?" He questioned.

"Of course I mean it." I said rolling my eyes. "I love you dummy."

"I love you too." He said Patting the side of his bed for me to join him. I took the offer and snuggled into his chest. I thought about my feelings, and if my heart was truly where I had claimed it to be. I honestly did love Cameron, but sometimes I felt a stronger attraction to Alex. My feelings felt like they had been tied all together into a tight ball, and I was struggling to untie them, and find what end they led to.

I wondered if Cameron had truly felt that his heart was with me, or was he only saying it out of lust? I wondered how Alex felt. I hadn't even thought about asking him how he was doing. I had to know.

I figured he was still awake, so I climbed out of bed leaving Cameron peacefully sleeping. I tip toed to Alex's room, and peeked my head in noticing he was still awake staring at his phone.

"You can come in." He said. He cleared his phone out, locked it, and set it on his bedside table. I stepped inside, closing his door behind me. I laid down on his bed, and got under the covers with him. I knew it was wrong, but something about it felt right.

"Are you sure Cameron isn't going to be mad about you being in my bed?" He chuckled.

"Does it look like I care? And besides what he doesn't know won't hurt him." I replied. I snuggled up against him laying my head on his chest. He fidgeted with his arms not sure where to put them, or how to place them.

"It's okay, Alex." I said pulling his arm down onto my side. He gave me a soft smile and then looked up at his ceiling. He let out a soft sigh, yet he never questioned why I was in his room, which caused me to laugh a little.

"Alex." I said turning serious,"I never asked you."

"Never asked me what?" He said raising his eyebrows. He glanced down at me, with the cutest confused look on his face, and I smiled at him.

"I never asked you, how you
felt about me.. Or how you felt about the situation in general." I said quietly.

He laid his head back, and let out air. I could tell he was thinking by the look on his face. He ran his fingers through his hair, and then lifted his head back up.

"It really doesn't matter now Mack." He said laughing slightly.

"But it does." I blurted not giving him a chance to say anymore. It did matter. It mattered to me how he felt, and I hadn't given him the choice to tell me.

"Just tell me." I said annoyed.

"I love you Mack. I really do. I think you're beautiful, and amazing. I think you're funny, and cute. You make me laugh, and smile like no one else ever has before, and you've showed me that second chances are a real thing. And I honestly.. Can't get you out of my head." He stopped, and bit his lip.

"Second chances, huh?" I asked. His eyes met mine, and for a moment, nothing would break my stare with him. I leaned in, and without hesitation so did he. Our lips touched, and he immediately pulled away.

"Mack.." He said in awe. I jumped up, and stared at him again.

"I'm sorry.. I.. I have to go." I said. I realized I had just cheated on Cameron. But something about kissing Alex, felt so right.

"Mack no. Please. Don't go." He pleaded. I turned around walked out quickly, and shut the door. I opted on sleeping on the couch tonight. I needed to be alone. No distractions.

I know, I keep running back and forth, and soon my luck with both of them would run out. But how do I choose between two amazing people who I love so much. How do you pick one person, and kill another?