t w e n t y - e i g h t

Telling Alex, that he was the one I loved so dearly, had felt so right at the time. But by the look on his face, it seemed as though it had been the wrong thing to do.

My heart sank, when his face went from smiling to serious. Thoughts tearing through my head, with different scenarios of what he would say.

"You know.. I'm sorry Alex.. I." I started. But he grabbed my hand. He interlaced his fingers with mine and kissed it.

"Don't be sorry." He said smiling. I could see Cameron through the glass window, smirking and throwing me a thumbs up. I laughed, and then leaned down to kiss Alex's forehead.

"It's getting late, I think I'm gonna go home tonight and sleep, is that alright?" I asked feeling concerned. I hadn't left the hospital since he arrived. I was starving, and to sleep in my own bed, sounded like heaven.

He nodded, and I walked out to meet Cameron. "I Love you Mack." He yelled from inside the room. I smiled and glanced back at him. "I love you too Alex."

"Ah you two really hitting it off huh?" Cameron teased when we stepped onto the elevator. I glared at him.

"What are you jealous?" I laughed. He shook his head, as he placed his hands on the railing.

"Not at all." He replied.

"Where's Sierra?" I asked curiously. I hadn't seen her in a while, and I was becoming concerned.

"Oh she went to the doctor! She wasn't feeling well." Cameron said. I nodded and followed him to the car. The drive home was pretty quiet other than the loud singing of Cameron and I, and the occasional small talk we had in between.

"What do you want for dinner tonight?" I asked him, hearing my stomach grumble.

"Well I was thinking, I could cook for us?" He laughed, concentrating on the road. He must've known how paranoid I was of being in a car, after everything that had happened.

I laughed at his comment. "You cook? Ha." I chuckled. Cameron could not cook to save his life. Once when I was younger, I remember him trying to bake cookies for Kylie and I, but he ended up burning them, and they tasted like baking soda. I laughed at the memory.

I missed when times were easier and not so harsh. It seemed like back then the only worries we had were how burnt our cookies were, and whether or not we could spell our names in cursive. Now it was parties, car accidents, drinking.

Cameron and I had refrained from our partying ways for the past few months. But with everything we'd been through, you have to mature fast. Although sometimes I was surely convinced that Cameron was 17 with the mental age of a 6 year old.

"Look you can't blame my cooking until you try it! I swear it's better than that bake sale I made those cookies for." He retorted.

I laughed. Sometimes this was all I wanted. Was to just have Cameron as my best friend, and wish that nothing would ever change that.

But things happen, people change, and I knew this relationship we had now, probably wouldn't last.

That's what really sucked about this moment with him. As much as I tried to enjoy it, that thought of "this will all soon be over." Rang clearly in the back of my head.

"Do you think Alex will be okay?" I asked abruptly. I had let my mind wander too far, and decided to ask about Alex to change the subject. Cameron cleared his throat, still concentrating on the road.

"I think as long as he holds onto you.. He'll be just fine." Cameron smiled giving me a wink. For Cameron to truly believe that meant everything to me. It meant I truly had his blessing on our relationship, and that things would finally be okay. At least for now.

We pulled into the driveway, and Cameron and I walked inside to our apartment. We hadn't been home in over 2 weeks, and everything was just as how we had left it.

Cameron began searching the fridge for something to cook, but was unable to find anything.

"See I knew we'd be ordering pizza." I said as I bit into a slice. He'd given up on trying to cook, after the 4 attempts to make pasta, and the 7 attempts to cook a frozen pizza.

"You didn't give me a chance." He said rolling his eyes and laughing. He had, had way over his chance limit.

A knock came on the door and I raced to see who it was. I looked through the peephole to see a frantic Sierra standing in the door frame.

"Sierra!" I greeted her opening the door. She gave me a slight smile, and quickly came inside. She seemed not so much as upset, but nervous. She took a seat at the bar and tapped her fingernails against it. Cameron swallowed his bite of pizza and then noticed.

"Sierra, what is itching up your back this evening?" He chuckled. She ran her fingers through her hair, but never laughed. Her facial expression remained the same, and it was obvious something wasn't right.

"You okay?" I asked feeling bad that Cameron was picking on her. She shook her head, and I could see tears in her eyes.

"Sierra what's wrong?" Cameron asked noticing her wet eyes. He stood up and walked over to her, looking her over, up and down to be sure she wasn't injured. I loved how protective over her he was. He would make a good father, and uncle one day.

Sierra tapped her foot nervously, not answering Cameron. He then took a seat in front of her before asking her again.

"Sierra what's the matter with you?" He asked once more. This time she stopped. Her nervous foot slowed, her fingernails stopped, and her stare went blank into Cameron.

"Cameron. I'm pregnant." She blurted out.

Life is a carousel ride. Spinning around, and around and around. Only stopping to let more people on, but never letting anyone off. We experience the pain of that carousel, the sickness of wanting to get off, but we also experience the joy of being on it. But one thing is certain of it. The carousel never stops turning.