t w o

The next morning, Kylie and I awoke to the smell of bacon. My favorite smell. We hurried down to the kitchen to see Gina cooking breakfast, and Cameron sitting at the bar. We made eye contact, and he winked at me.

"Thank you", he mouthed pointing to Gina.

I giggled. "You're welcome."

"What was that all about?" Kylie asked.

"Nothing", I said. We sat down at the huge dining room table, and began eating our breakfast.

"Hey mom, can I please go hang out with my friends today?" Cameron begged.

He knew the answer before he even asked, why would he even try. He stuck his lip out and clasped his hands together hoping that Gina would allow him to.

"Please mom."

"Cameron no. You're grounded. You can go up to your room and clean it, or you can go outside and do yard work.", She said sternly, glaring at him.

He rolled his eyes and slammed the bar stool back up under the bar before climbing the stairs to his room.

"Mom, don't be so harsh on him.." Kyle chimed in.

Gina's face had returned to its normal, lovely, position.

"Kylie. He knew what he was doing when he did it. He knew the consequences, and he can't handle them." She said kindly.

I agreed with Kylie thought. Summer had just began and he had already gotten into trouble. But then again, if I were Gina I'd probably ground him too, just so I could keep an eye on him.

"I guess you're right." Kylie said.

"Of course I'm right I'm your mother I'm always right." She laughed.

We ran back up to Kylie's room, and chilled on her bed. It was too hot to go outside, and plus I'm way too lazy to get up.

"Kylie I feel bad for your brother." I said quietly.

"Why do you feel bad for him? He did it to himself." She remarked.

"Yeah but he just wanted to have a little fun, you know live a little."

And that's exactly what he did. All he wanted out of life was a thrill, which is something I lacked. I had always been the wild fun one, as Kylie had always been shy, quiet, and reserved. But opposites do attract, and I assume that's why we are the best of friends.

"Hey Kylie, I'm probably gonna head home, and I'll be back over later sound good?" I asked.

She nodded, and I gathered my stuff to leave. I needed a shower, and although I could've taken one at her house, I needed to go home before I got in trouble.

I hated going home. I was always the one to be blamed for everything. If the dishes weren't done, it was my fault. If the house was a mess, it was my fault. Anything, and every thing that could be blamed on me, was blamed on me.

Ever since my dad had left when I was little, my mom thought it was her rightful duty to step up and be authoritative. Yes, authorization does come with parents, but being a drill Sargent is uncalled for.

I could  relate to Cameron in a partial way. At least his mom, didn't blame things he didn't do on him.

When I arrived home I unlocked the front door and stepped inside.