t h i r t e e n

"How do you know these boys?"

"Cameron, is my boyfriend, and Alexander is his brother. I guess you could say we're pretty close."

I stood once again in the witness stand, answering questions, that would eventually lead them to nothing. They had arrested Cameron and Alex for kidnapping me, and now it was up to me, to keep them from going to jail.

"Yes, and how long have you and Cameron, Mr. Dallas, been dating?"

"Well, you could say about a month." I replied.

"And has he ever physically, or verbally harmed you?"

"Are you serious?" I asked annoyed. "He's the sweetest guy I've ever met despite what you all think of him."

The man turned his nose up at me, or maybe it was my snobby attitude. I didn't care. I don't know how anyone could ever see Cameron as such a devious person.

"Now, Mackenzie do tell the court, who you were kidnapped by?"

"Sir, with all due respect. I was not kidnapped. I willingly agreed to go with my boyfriend, Cameron Dallas, and his brother, Alexander Dallas, to New York." I said annoyed.

He gave the judge a nod and sat down.

"We now call Cameron Dallas to the stand." The judge called. They swore him in, and sat him into the witness chair. He looked sickly. His hair was everywhere, his eyes were bloodshot, and his hands were still in handcuffs.

"Mr. Dallas on the afternoon that you left, what were your intentions?" The man asked.

Cameron smirked. "My intentions sir, was to take my beautiful girlfriend, and my amazing brother, on a trip to New York."

"And did it ever occur to you that Mackenzie would be illegal to go with you, since she's in your mothers custody?"

"No sir it did not. She made the decision to go with us. No one ever forced her." Cameron said shaking
His head.

"And Mr. Dallas, just where did the money come from, for your expenses to be covered?" He asked.

I think I was more eager to to hear the answer than anyone else in the room. Although, I wanted Cameron out of trouble, I had also badly wanted to know where all this money kept coming from.

Cameron went silent, and rubbed his chin with both hands.

"Mr. Dallas, answer the question." The judge said sternly.

"I received the money from a business." He said closing his eyes. He began shaking his leg, and glaring over at me. I could tell he was uncomfortable but I just stared back in confusion.

"Mr. Dallas what business?"

Cameron kept silent. He leaned his head down, and shook it, as if he were ashamed. When he brought his head back up I could see he was crying.

"She's going to hate me.." He whispered.

"Mr. Dallas answer the question. I will not remind you again, that you are under oath, and anything you say or don't say jeopardizes your future." The judge demanded.

"I'm a basic hustler." Cameron said through gritted teeth.

"What kind of hustler.. Mr. Dallas?..."

"I take care of prostitutes' money, and clients." Cameron said hanging his head low.

"So in other words... A pimp?"

Cameron nodded. The jury gasped, and I wasn't sure whether to be infuriated, or upset. I stared at him with a disgusted look on my face, for the longest time and when his eyes met mine he could tell I was hurt.

"I'm so sorry.." He whispered.

"ORDER. ORDER." The judge yelled.

Everyone quieted down, and faced towards the judge once again.

"Young man, did your brother have any partake in this? Did your girlfriend?" He asked sternly.

"No sir. Neither of them knew. I wouldn't tell them." Cameron said sniffling.

"Cameron, since you are 18, I want to give you a second chance. So when I sentence you this, don't take it lightly. Cameron Dallas, you are sentence to 5 years in the California state prison for felony. The only reason you are getting 5 instead of a decade, is because I feel like your girlfriend, and brother, are going to be hard on you enough. If they're even around." He said. He stood up and dismissed the court.

An officer came to take Cameron away, and the only thing I could think to do, was to turn my back on him and walk away. How could I have been so stupid?

I felt an arm wrap around me, and I recognized it as Alex. He hugged me by my waist and walked me out of the courthouse, and past Gina. In all honesty, she had never cared about me or my behalf. She only wanted Cameron in jail, where she thought he belonged.

We strolled down the sidewalk, and to the apartment, in California, in which Cameron had bought before the events occurred at his home.

"We can live here together if you want." Alex said, gazing at me, when we walked into the apartment.

"I.. I think I'd like that." I chuckled.

"Are you okay?" He asked lightly touching my arm.
What a silly question. My boyfriend, whom I thought I knew, was just locked away in prison for 5 years, for being a pimp. Am I okay?

"I'm fine." I lied. "I'll be fine." I snatched my arm away, and began unpacking my things into a bedroom.

"Mack." He called. "He made a mistake.."

"Yeah. He did. And he probably just lost his girlfriend in the process of it." I yelled back.

"Mackenzie what do you think you are? Just another one of his prostitutes? Kenzie. I don't think he would ever take his prostitutes all the way to New York. Much less love on them, the way he did you." Alex said.

"I just.. I don't know Alex. I don't know." I replied.

He picked up a box and sat it on the counter.

"Are you gonna go see him at all?" He asked.

"Yeah, just not right now." I said shyly.

He nodded, and we finished unpacking the rest of the boxes. All the while, all I could think of was Cameron. His "occupation". How many girls had he been with? How many girls had he lied to and promised things? So many questions ran through my mind. All I wanted was to go back and start over, and maybe, just maybe, wish that I would've never met him.

•••

A/N: HI! I'm trying to update as often as I can! I know the quality of my writing is getting worse each chapter, but I promise I'm trying. It'll get better, I have the weekend off :) I have a super busy schedule with extracurricular and school! So please understand if I go a few days without updating. That most likely won't happen but if it does that's my reasoning! Also! I know there may be MANY spelling errors in this book. I have an iPhone and with most iPhones autocorrect can sometimes be a bitch. So please bare with me! I am trying my best to go through and edit! Thank you so much for reading!!

Xoxo - blushingcam ☺️😚