Prologue

Finally, I'm done for the day. I put on my jacket and walk out through the lobby of the doctor's office where I'm a nurse. I cross paths with Mrs. Weaver who is about to go into labor any day now. "How are you doing?" I ask. She looks very uncomfortable but smiling from ear to ear. "Dr. Jones told me that I'm dilated to three, so Junior here should be making an appearance any day now." She rubs her protruding belly lovingly. Her mouth forms into an "O". She grabs my hand and puts it on her stomach, and immediately I feel her little one moving around as much as he can in the little space that he has. "Do you feel that?" She asks.

"I do. He's an active little one!" I say. "I know. I can't wait to meet him." She says excitedly. Her phone rings and she answers, "Hi honey."

"Yes. It went well. I'm dilated to three and the doctor says we will be parents any day now. I'll be out of here in just a few minutes after I make my appointment for next week." She listens to what he's saying to her. "I love you too. See you in a little bit." She hangs up the phone. "My husband wanted to be here with me today, but he couldn't get off from work. He just wanted to check up on me. I'm going to meet him after I leave here so he can make sure that I'm fine." She says. "I'll see you next week, but probably not, because you will have your bundle of joy by then. Congrats and see you later." I tell her.

I walk towards the front door and I see a couple of guys standing outside. I decide to hurry to my car and then call the police. I open the door and start to walk outside when I see them moving together. "What are you doing?" I ask. They both look up at me in surprise and one throws something through the front window shattering it, while the other one runs towards me. I turn to run and get away from him but he catches up with me in a couple of steps. He tackles me and tries to drag me back towards the building, me fighting him the whole way. His buddy yells, "Forget her! Come on, it's about to blow!" What?

He drops me and runs away from me. I stand up and start running towards the building yelling for everyone to get out of the building when I hear a big boom! I feel myself being lifted in the air and thrown back, landing on the hard concrete hitting my head. I try to move but I can't. I feel someone going through my pockets taking something from them before everything goes black.

My nose is itching. I lift my hand to scratch it, but it won't move. I try my other hand, but I can't move it either. That's when I notice the beeping around me. I open my eyes and look around. I'm in a hospital room. I look down at my hands and they are tied down. I try to move my legs, but it hurts to move them so I stop. I try to look around and I notice my whole body is sore. I moan and someone walks into the room. "Hi, you're awake! Let me get the doctor for you." I'm left alone again when she leaves the room. What happened to me? How did I get here? These seem to be the questions of the day. Shortly, a doctor walks into the room. "Hello miss. How are you today?"

"Sore." I scratch out. The nurse puts a cup with a straw to my mouth and I sip gratefully allowing the cool water to hydrate my dry throat. The Doctor unties my hands. "Do you remember what happened?" He asks me. I try to shake my head but it hurts so I whisper, "No."

"You were in an explosion. You received a few burns, but nothing serious. You were thrown about ten feet and then slammed into the ground. That's where you hit your head." He explains. Now I know why my head and body hurts so much. "How long have I been out?" I ask. "About a week and a half." He answers. "May I ask your name?" I think for a minute.

"I don't know."