I'll be right back

This is a one off chapter (maybe two), the next will be like nothing has happened.

I'm about to be a mean person. Sorry. 

======================================================

"Seriously! It really happened!" Taehyung's voice, that was full of laughter, echoed through the phone. 

"Mm, ok Tae. But I still don't believe you" Hoseok teased his boyfriend. He was sitting on the dorm sofa, his phone in one hand and a small parcel in his other. Taehyung, Namjoon and Seokjin were out, Yoongi and Jimin were God knows where and Jungkook was catching up on much needed rest. He was pretty much by himself and couldn't wait for Taehyung to come home.

"Listen Hyung, Jin.kissed.Namjoon. Why wont you believe me?!" the younger whined, his voice breaking out into giggles. Hoseok could practically hear his famous smile.

"Okay okay, just come home soon ok? I have something to show you" Hoseok held the parcel close to his chest and smiled deeply.

"Ooh, what is it?" The younger asked, his voice full of excitement.

"I'm not telling you, you'll have to come and see"

"Hmpf, fine. I'm on my way!"

"Do you promise?"

"I promise!" Taehyung cheered before ending the call. Hoseok put the phone down and turned on the television. He couldn't wait to give Taehyung the gift he got him.

~~~~~

It had been over half an hour since Taehyung had said he'd be right home and Hoseok was loosing his calm. He had been repeatedly telling himself that Taehyung was fine and he'd be right back. But that was twenty minutes ago, then again ten minutes ago and ago five minutes ago. His boyfriend was still not home. Hoseok winced as his stomach churned.

Suddenly, his phone rang and Hoseok didn't think twice before answering it.

"Tae, thank God. I-" Hoseok started.

"Hoseok, it's me. Namjoon" His leader answered, his voice grave. Chills ran through Hoseok's body as his blood went cold.

"What's wrong? Where's Tae?" 

"You need to stay calm, hyung" the younger tried to keep his voice calm.

"Tell me" Hoseok demanded.

"Taehyung..is dead" 

Hoseoks mind went blank. What was Namjoon trying to say? His Taehyung was fine, he was on his way back home. His Taehyung..

"We were on our way back when he spotted some kids playing by the road. You know him, he found them adorable," His Taehyung did always like children.

"But then a truck came and the children wandered out onto the road. Tae.. Taehyung ran to save them, to get them off the road" My Tae did that? He's so brave.

"He did it Hoseok," Namjoon sniffed, "he saved those kids. But..but he didn't make it. The truck slammed right into him" 

What?

"He..I-I don't think he suffered. It so was so quick that- he was so excited to see you again, Hyung. I'm sorry" Namjoon started crying over the phone, anything else he tried to say was unclear.

Hoseok couldn't believe it. The boy who he had spoken to less than an hour ago, the boy who had promised he would be home right away. But then it hit him and Hoseok dropped the phone to the floor, his body following soon after. Harsh breaths ripped out of his chest as he began violently sobbing. The air seemed too thick for it to be breathable. 

Hoseok thought he would follow after Taehyung as he crumpled to the ground. He was nothing but a broken boy, a hollow figure crying out for someone who will not be coming home again.

Taehyung would not be coming home. Hoseok would not be able to see his box smile again. Not be able to drag his hands through the younger's soft hair and kiss him deeply. He wouldn't be able to dance with him again and share the same stage.

Hoseok honestly didn't know if it was going to be worth it now. 

--------------------------------

Moments after, Jungkook ran from the room and tried his best to calm his hyung. With no results he picked up the discarded phone and the whole situation was explained to him by Namjoon who had waited. 

The whole of BTS went quiet after that. At least for a whole month they did. 

Now, Hoseok was walking through the park, a pain in his chest that never seemed to go away. He had tried dancing after, but it hadn't been the same. The music hadn't called out to him like it once had and honestly, Hoseok couldn't really care less. There was always one thing more important than music to him. That was Taehyung.

He carefully searched through his jacket pocket and pulled out a simple chain, a small elephant charm adorning it. The metal was cold, but it still looked so beautiful. 

He closed his fist around it and let silent tears fall. He still wore his matching chain and decided he would never take it off.

============================================================

Argh, that was hard to write.

Do you want a part two? Would you like to know what happens to Hoseok afterwards?