Nightmare

Jung Hoseok had never been a light sleeper until it came to sharing a room in the dorm with two others. The quiet sound of whimpering and fast breathing stirred him awake from his dreams. The room felt emptier, but then he remembered that Jimin was visiting Busan for the weekend. For once, they had been given the rare opportunity of having some time off.

He looked around and noticed that the sounds were coming from what appeared to be a scared Taehyung having a nightmare. He watched for a moment wondering what to do and if it was ok that he did do something. But then again, of course it was, whatever Taehyung was dreaming of wasn't pleasant. So he slowly moved to the edge of his bed and then stretched across between the small gap of their beds and tapped Taehyung and the shoulder. No changes. He tried again but with a little more force while saying Tae's name. His breathing seemed to get calmer so he tried again. Taehyung's eyes snapped open and he sat up with wide eyes that scanned the dark room. Hoseok gently grabbed Tae's arm which caused the other to look at him. After blinking a couple times Taehyung seemed to realise where he was and the company he had and from what Hoseok could see in the small rays of moonlight shining into the room, Tae's cheeks reddened slightly.

"H-Hyung" he said shyly, still not fully awake.

"Are you properly awake yet?" Hoseok asked gently, still not having moved his hand away from Taehyung's arm.

"Eh?Um, yeah. I.. did I wake you?"

"Mm, but it doesn't matter. Are you ok now? You seemed to be having a nightmare" he replied while looking over Tae properly. He was damp with sweat from having been wrapped up in his bed sheets. He looked pale but colour was slowly starting to come back to him.

"I'm fine. Sorry Hyung, you can go back to sleep now" Tae said while looking unsure.

What is wrong with him? Is he still scared? Hoseok felt his chest tighten slightly at the thought of his fellow member whom he had secret feelings for feeling that way. He did not want him to be scared. Moving to the furthest edge of his bed away from Taehyung, he let go of Tae's arm and lifted the bed covers away.

"Come on" he said to Tae, hoping the shyness in his voice wasn't too obvious. Surely he was crazy for doing this.

At first Taehyung looked confused but soon realised what was happening and his cheeks reddened once again.

"What? You can't mean.. Hyung, its mean if you joke around like this" Tae said in a flustered voice which turned sad as he thought Hoseok was messing with him.

Hoseok huffed and patted the empty space on his bed. " I'm not joking, get in"

Tae looked surprised but his eyes got soft and he pulled himself from his own bed and slowly got into Hoseok's bed and laid down beside him. Hoseok pulled the covers over Tae too while accidentally brushing his body as though he was about to hug him. Hoseok felt his face flush as he imagined pulling Tae in close and falling into a deep sleeping while the person he loved most slept sweetly in his arms. But no, he shouldn't..he couldn't . He dropped the blanket and turned the other way to keep himself from trying anything. It was going to be a long night.

After a few minutes of silence, just as Hoseok felt himself drifting off into sleep, he heard the blankets shifting next to him. Before he could react, warm arms wrapped around him from behind and Tae's body snuggled closer to him. He automatically moved to sit up but he was stopped by arms stronger than what he thought they would be.

"Just for tonight Hyung.. I'm scared" Taehyung said, breaking through the rooms heavy silence in such an adorable voice.

Damn, Hoseok thought while marveling at how cute Tae is.

Hoseok didn't know how to reply so he tried to relax again, ignoring his heart that kept betraying him by hammering at his rib cage, threatening to break free. He soon found himself drifting off again. But one thing kept playing at his mind, something he kept telling him to stop thinking.

What did Taehyung think about him?

----------------------

Taehyung knew what he was doing to his hyung was mean but he couldn't help it. He wanted to feel his warmth and be rid from the memory of his nightmare that he had minutes ago.

So he decided to going. He nestled in closer to Hoseok, ignoring his fast beating heart and drifted off into a deep sleep. He had no more night mares that night.