Chapter Fifteen: The Unwanted Lunch Date

Start from the beginning

“So this is the famous forgotten child.” She said gleefully and her smile widened. She was watching Alison who couldn’t remove her gaze from her face. Alison had seen her face plastered on posters all over the place, it was Bellatrix Lestrange. What in the world had Snape gotten her into?

“Yes,” Snape said and turned to look at Alison, “Be polite.” He said to her. Alison broke her concentration and gave a tight smile, “Hello.” She said softly.

Bellatrix let out a wild cackle. “She will be fun to break, this one.” She said a note of teasing in her voice, though her face was completely serious. “Please Severus, let me do it?” she asked a wide grin spreading as she turned to face him.

“I don’t think she needs your kind of breaking just yet Bellatrix.” Snape said curtly, “She won’t make a good spy if she’s unable to walk.”

Alison sucked in a breath of air. He wanted her to be a spy? Alison looked over at the man she had finally accepted as her father and felt the sudden urge to slap him. Snape gave her one quick glance that said ‘later’ and turned back to Bellatrix.

“Do you have a reason for interrupting our lunch?” he asked her.

“Don’t speak to me like that in my house.” She said becoming suddenly angry.

“This is my house Bellatrix.” Lucius said in a warning tone. Bellatrix shot him a glare, “I’ve only come to tell you the Dark Lord is on his way, and he apologizes for his lateness.” With that she turned on her heel and stalked out of the dining room slamming the large doors behind her.

Lucius snapped his fingers and the house elf appeared again. It took away the tray of sandwiches and plates. Alison noticed that Draco’s food was touched about as much as hers was.

“The Dark Lord is quite excited to meet you.” Lucius said looking at Alison, “You’ve intrigued him almost as much as Potter.” He said with a grimace, “Though in a good way.”

The large doors opened again and a large, rotund, rat like man appeared. He twitched and squeaked out, “The Dark Lord has arrived.” He then let out another squeak and stepped aside as Voldemort himself glided into the room. He didn’t walk. At least that was how it looked to Alison. His skin was deadly pale, his head bald, and his eyes slit like a snakes. Alison couldn’t breathe. She was face to face with the man who was the cause of everything. The reason they were resisting.

That’s when she remembered what Snape had said and she shut up her brain.

“My Lord.” Snape said and stood to bow. Lucius did the same. Voldemort waved them away and sat at the head of the table, one seat away from Alison.

“You have pleased me Severus.” He spoke in his cold high voice as he regarded Alison sitting beside him, “She is much prettier than I imagined.”

Alison repressed another shudder and reminded herself to breathe.

“Though the down fall to that would be she looks like her mudblood mother.” His voice turned harsh for a slight moment, “though I will not hold that against you. You’ve made the right choice, Alison.”

Alison didn’t like the sound of her name coming out of his mouth. It felt wrong and scared her.

“This is the side to fight on, the winning side. You will have everything you’ve ever wanted when we win. Look at Draco,” Voldemort turned his attention to Draco farther down the table, “He has been given a great honor, have you not Draco?”

Draco nodded his head, “Yes, My Lord.” He said in a barely audible voice. He sounded scared and that was odd to Alison.

“You too can be honored Alison, you will be of great use to me.” Voldemort turned back to look at Alison and she caught his eye. He didn’t break their eye contact as he continued to speak, “Your gift will be of great use, yes. You see, with you I will know what the future holds. I won’t have to guess, and I can plan my next move accordingly. I knew the moment your father told me about you that you would be of use, a Gryffindor right in the heart of the Order. But then he told me of your gift, the ability to see the future. And that it is becoming stronger with every passing day.”