43. Long Overdue Reunion

Cole's POV

"I don't think I should go with you." I argued with The Twins.

"You're coming and that's final." Paul said in an authoritative voice.

I rolled my eyes, I shouldn't be going with them. Today's the day The Twins were going to meet their parents. They had haven't had time to go but with our plan they now wanted to meet them.

"This is a personal moment, why do you want me there?" I questioned as they got themselves ready.

"If I was in our parent's position, I'd want to meet the guy who found them and brought them their sons."Jacob commented as tied his hair back.

"I could meet them another time!" I responded but they both just shook their heads.

"You might be in jail this time next week. So you're coming." Paul said.

"Fine." I grumbled. I grabbed my shoes, putting them on and waited for The Twins downstairs. They came down a few minutes later, matching in loose army pants and white tank tops. 

"You two know where you're going right?" I questioned as I slid in the driver's seat of my Dad's SUV. They didn't want to take their motorcycles because they didn't know how their parents would react.

" We looked it up a few weeks ago. It's on the outskirts of West Side." Jacob said buckling his seat belt. We drove in silence as I felt their nerves spike as we arrived.

"There it is." Paul said pointing to a house across from where we were parked.

The house was painted grey, with a cobblestone pathway and two columns holding up the awning of the porch. The railing, the only thing that stood out, was  white.

"You two ready?" They both looked at each other having a silent conversation. It lasted thirty seconds before they looked away from each other. "We're ready." They said as they got out of the car.

I followed them, making our way up the steps and to the front door. "Do you want me to knock or do you?" I said.

"Knock."

I raised my hand to the grey door before knocking loudly, twice. I could hear the noise echo throughout the house before the sound of footsteps came closer. The door opened, revealing a woman. She was shorter than us but she had sharp cheekbones and the same full set of pink lips just like her sons. She was wearing a skirt, heels, and a blouse.

"Hello. How may I help you?" She asked politely. She had the same Spanish accent the Twins had.

I coughed slightly before answering. "Hello ma'am, are you Edelmira Aviles?"

"Yes I am. Who are you?" She questioned as she turned her gaze on Paul and Jacob. I opened my mouth to explain, when her eyes changed.  She placed a hand over her heart, as if she were having a heart attack. " Eres tu? Mis dos bebés?" She gasped, her eyes filling with tears.

She flew out of the door, grabbing Paul and hugging him tightly. Jacob, wrapped his arms around both of them and they all  stood there, embracing. I smiled to myself, watching them. I could see Edelmira's shoulders shaking as she cried into Paul, who rubbed her back up and down. Jacob placed a kiss on her head before looking up at me. His eyes were red rimmed and he mouthed the words 'thank you' over the tops of their heads.

I nodded at him, showing him that I saw his words. They all backed away from each other a few moments later but made sure that they were still touching in some way.

"Oh my boys." She gushed, placing a hand on their cheeks. "Would you like to meet your father?" She asked quietly.

"In a minute Mom. We'd like you to meet someone first." Jacob said. Edelmira  eyes focused on me and a slight blush crept onto her cheeks.

"This is Cole Hall. He's the reason why we were able to find you." Paul explained. She reluctantly let go of her sons, before she gave me a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her small body for a few seconds before letting go.

"Thank you so much, Cole. I could never repay you." She said looking up at me.

"I don't need a repayment ma'am. I just gave your boys what they've been looking for a long time." She smiled up at me before turning around and taking The Twins hands beginning to pull them inside.

"I'm going to head back. Have fun." I said as they nodded  smiling hugely at me. I turned around and drove home as I smiled the whole way.

-------------------------------------------
I know I know this chapter is LONG overdue, so I hope you enjoyed it!

The Streets will be coming to an end soon. I hope you like the last chapters.

-Taylor