8. Questions

" What if we don't get along?" Thayer asked afterwards.

"Part of Initiation Blades." Trish sighed.

"What are we going to do to Initiate him? Shipments? Dance off? Bait for The Raiders?." Dakota asked.

"Go with the flow. We don't have to do much of anything. Just watch reactions, work and a few other things." Trish explained.

"Am I allowed to ask questions?" I asked.

"Yea, since you could be potentially be apart of our crew." Paul spoke.

"What do you guys do?"

"Variety of different things. Dance is the main focus. Listening for shipments that clients want." Jacob said.

"Shipments?"

"Drugs." Theo grinned at the word.

They didn't know I was a son of a cop and I realized that there was more to this crew than just vandalizing.

"We get to keep some of the drugs sometimes or get paid but I prefer to get paid." Dakota said.

"To pay for all those expensive leather jackets." Trish eyed her.

"Image is important ." Dakota replied right back.

"We all got our preferences." Theo spoke as he took a pill bottle out of his pants and popped a pill in his mouth.

"Did you use cash from shipments to buy your cool rides." It was hard to miss the Lamborghini and the motorcycle's in the school parking lot.

"Yup. After a few huge deals all close together, we had more than enough to buy them. Even after we bought other things." Paul said.

If I stuck with these guys I would have my own car in no time.

"What about you? You got a ride?" Thayer asked, echoing my thoughts. It was the nicest thing he said to me yet.

"Not yet. I've got a few grand saved up but I need more if I want the car I'm looking at."

"What you looking at?" Paul asked.

"The Twins are big on cars. If you ever have any questions or problems mechanically they're the best guys to go to." Trish spoke and gave the boy of them a proud smirk.

"Well I'm looking at 2010 Lamborghini. It's black and white." I unlocked my phone and showed them the picture.

Paul and Jacob whistled as they looked at it.

"It's a few years old but it's a good car. Nice rims, nice color, and the gas mileage on it is pretty good to I bet." Jacob voiced his opinion.

"How much does it cost?" Paul questioned.

"Normally a two hundred thousand dollar car but he's a friend of my Dad's so he's offering it for a lot less." I answered.

Where'd you get the money from? Naturally rich?" Thayer asked.

"I work and so does my Dad. Between the both of us we got some money."

"What does your Dad do? Since he contributed most of the money , right?" Thayer asked again.

"Don't have to be so pushy Blades." Dakota scolded. " We're just starting to get to know him."

I've just met Dakota and I was starting to like her all ready.

"Whatever." Thayer huffed.

" Am I allowed to hang out with you guys at lunch and after school now?"

Everyone looked at Trish, awaiting her word.

"Keep with your Jock friends until we decide to officially initiate you. I can hear the gossip around school and what other crews will think that we added another member to our crew, since what happened last time." She hardened her voice within the last sentence.

I glanced up at the rest of the crew and they all had a mixed expressions. Dakota, sadness, Jacob and Paul disgust. Theo anger and Thayer the most enraged I had seen him.

"What happened last time?"

The variety of expressions turned towards me, as I saw Trish gripping the table hard.

"He deserves to know." Dakota said quietly.

"Not today." Trish spoke harshly.

Deciding to change the topic I spoke up. "What about after school and weekends?"

"We'll meet you after school at the back or I'll text you where and when to meet us." Trish spoke and slowly loosened her grip on the table.

"Okay."

I stood up, hearing the dismissal in her voice. I walked away without another word but looked back. It was odd and cool at the same time, these six people looked like they were from a different world.

People bustled around the bar and not one of them looked at the them. People were laughing and talking, sipping drinks and even a few couples were dancing to Enrique Iglesias song playing overhead.

The exact opposite at school. Kids looked at them, whispered about them.

I shook my head smiling. I couldn't believe how my life could change. Even if Thayer was an asshole, I couldn't wait till things got started and how I could become one of them.