13. First Comp

Trish's POV

"Thank you guys!" Dakota squealed as she jumped into The Twins arms. Their little trip a few nights ago had paid off. They had won an Corvette and had decided to give it to her.

"No problem and Trish you're next if we win again." Jacob smiled towards me. We were standing outside, waiting for Cole so we could go to the first comp of the year. We were all smiling and laughing as but I knew they were all nervous as I was. There was a slight uneasiness in my stomach and my palms were unnaturally sweaty.

Cole came dashing out and I couldn't help but let my eyes trace over him. He was dressed like the rest of us, loose black pants and a tight white t-shirt. I could see his tight abs through the shirt, making me look away. We hadn't talked much since my outburst on Wednesday night and I still hadn't talked to Dakota about it.

"Come on Trish!" Dakota said excitedly as she dragged me to her new car.

We got in and looked around the inside. All the seats were leather and looked brand new, the dashboard was spotlessly clean as the windows were. The Twins also took liberty to program Dakotas favorite radio stations.

"Love you guys!" She yelled out the window at The Twins who gave her smiles back.

Dakota turned on the radio, revving her engine before going illegal speeds.

We parked our cars a few streets away and made the walk to the factory. It was an old one that was used to store metals and old tools that had no more use. People cleared it out and we had a big enough space to hold the competition. We made our way to our entrance and then into the building. The hallway was made of concrete and there was a glow of red light coming from the far end.

I heard Cole give a slight gasp as we got view of what the area looked like.

There was a huge dance floor in the middle of the room, made out of what looked like different types of metal. The ceiling was about six stories high and people who were watching were on lifts that the workers would use. They were all at different heights and people were on the platform levels all the way from the first floor to the sixth. There was a huge DJ set at the back of the vast area, the speakers were big and I could feel the beat of the music in my chest as the night begun.

"You all ready for this year's competitions?!?" This year's host spoke.

The audience cheered and I could feel the excitement in the room rise.

"Let me explain the rules of the competitions. Rule one, never repeat the same dance. Keep it fresh people that's what we looking for. Rule two, no fights. If there is one there will be consequences for your actions. Rule three, which is a new one. Never steal another groups routine. That will result in immediate disqualification from the competitions."

"Couldn't fucking have that rule last year?" Thayer huffed, getting angry.

I got angry. Last year would've ended differently if that rule was in place.

"Ever think that rule was made because of what happened to us, last year? " Dakota asked.

She was right because after everything had happened, they had all went up to the judges and explained what happened. It seems that they had believed our story, and made a rule.

"Also." The host continued, breaking us out of our talk. "You will be judged on technique, performance, choreography, musicality, and your overall appearance." Everything is much the same, besides this years reward." He grinned, trailing off. " We were contacted by a rapper in the starlight. If you win this year's competitions, you will be touring with him for the next year."