22. A Scare And The Enemy

I was going to see Zeke for the first time in months. The boy who had broke my heart and the reason why I said I didn't do relationships. I would like to forget the first few months without him. They were nothing but a blur. All I remember is party after party, drink after drink, and doing it over and over again. The heartbreak faded a bit but it's still there. The heartbreak bit that faded was replaced by anger. Anger that he had went behind our backs and told The Raiders everything about us. Anger for stealing our routine. Anger for winning last year comps. Anger from my crew for breaking my heart as their friend and anger for breaking their crew leader. The one they were never supposed to see break.

"Trish." Dakota shook me, snapping me out of my thoughts. "We're here."

I looked out to see that we were parked outside Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena. West Side comps were out of public eye while East Side does theirs in small arenas to show off. The parking lot was full of people, making their way to the door. The people going would have to have someone they knew in a crew in order to get in, the organizers didn't like random citizens coming to see the comps. The posters outside and the big screens advertised that we were all attending a basketball game. Just a cover up someone came up with.

We made our way to where the dance crews were supposed to me. We waited a few minutes before we got up to the bouncer. The man was buffed up, bald, and seemed to have a sweating problem.

"Name." He said with a bored voice.

"Mischief's",I answered.

His eyes moved down the list and flipped to the next page before responding. "Sorry. No Mischief's on the list. Next!" He moved on.

"What!" I yelled.

"Lemme see the list." Dakota made a grab for it. The bouncer put the list above his head, out of her reach. But Dakota being short she had to jump to try and reach it, she didn't come close.

"I suggest you leave or I'll get more guards to escort you out." He spoke rudely.

"How about I leave you unconscious and just walk in?" Thayer stepped closer to the bouncer as he spoke. The Twins both grabbed his arms and Cole put his arm around his waist to drag him back. The guard not liking the threat, hollered. "Security!"

We were surrounded by guards in seconds as they escorted us halfway back to our cars before letting us go.

"This is bullshit!" Cole yelled.

" Agreed. There's no way in hell that were missing this comp." Jacob put in as he gave a concerned look at the arena.

"There has to be more than one entrance. There's no way they're letting all the crews from all over the city in at one door. Come on, let's try the other ones. " I decided.

All the bouncers said the same. There was no Mischief's on the list and we had to leave before we got escorted out.

"Now what?" Cole asked half- halfheartedly.

"We find an entrance. We're still getting in there. " Dakota repeated what Jacob said.

We started walking around the arena again, noticing that there was a fewer amount of people out. Meaning the competition was going to start soon and we needed to get in there, fast.

"Hey what's that?" Paul pointed out a shape on the back of the building. I got closer, seeing that it was an employee entrance.

"Thayer, do you have any knives on you?" I asked, which he rolled at my question before giving me one. The blade was one of the bigger ones that I know he carries, with a black handle and the moon gave it a deadly glint in the mid November night.

I took it from him, putting it in the crack of the door. I wiggled it down to where the lock was before cocking my wrist, giving it a prying motion. Sure enough, the door swung open a bit.

"Yes Trish baby!" Paul gave me a kiss on the cheek, before going in and looking left and right.

I gave Thayer back his knife, and we all entered the building. It was nice and cool, the walls were a faded grey and some of the fluorescent lights above us flickered.

"Okay we're in but how do we know where to go? The basements of these buildings are like mazes." Theo said.

"Just listen." Thayer responded. We could hear the roar of the crowd. We followed the noise, making a few wrong turns, before we made it out into the arena. The arena wasn't full, the floor and the next level up was full of people. We had come out an entrance that was to the left of the stage. I looked on to see the group we had lost to a few weeks ago on, meaning we were next.

We all grinned at each other, seeing that we made it.

"All right all right. Next up representing West Side is the Mischief's!" The same host as a few weeks ago called, as we made our way to the stage. I got calm. I was with my best friends and we were going to kill this dance.

Drake's Worst Behavior started playing and the lights on the stage fell upon us.

I was in the front, along with Theo and Dakota. The first set of lyrics came on, our moves in time with Drake's rapping. Out moves were fast, faster than a few weeks ago at the chorus. I moved to the center of the stage when the time came up, Dakota behind me to the right, Thayer behind me to the left and Cole at the back. We kept to the beat and I heard the audience rapping to the song and watching us. I moved back behind Theo as he rushed on, we made sure our moves were fluid and faster than before. As the song came to a finish, we all got off the stage, besides Cole. We had decided to give a solo to show we had a new member than the one we had last year. The song ended, Cole gave a quick bow and then dashed off to where we were watching him.

We all gave each other hugs and high fives but it was short lived when I heard a voice I hadn't heard in months. I felt my heart constrict knowing who would be there when I turned around.

He was here. Looking the same as he did months ago. His hazel eyes met my blue green ones and he gave a small smirk. He was looking better than ever. His jawline was more prominent than last time I saw him. He was wearing khakis, a flannel and a snapback on backwards. He looked so fucking good.

Zeke smiled at me, as Jasmine, Monique, Samar and Javier appeared behind him. They were here.

The Raiders.

"Trish babe, nice to see you again." Zeke gave me a cheeky smile, making bile rise in the back of my throat.

"What no hug?" He continued to taunt me. The rest of them smirked at me.

"Nice face, asshole." Cole snapped at Javier, changing the subject.

Javier's face was still bruised while Coles was healed.

"You got lucky. Wait till next time, you'll be in the hospital." Javier spat right back.

"We'll see." The Twins came to Cole's defense and cracked their knuckles.

"We're here to challenge you to a street race. Two weeks from now, corner of Stares and Boulevard." Samar got to the point.

"We'll be there." Dakota answered proudly.

"Till then." Zeke gave me a wink and together him and the rest disappeared.