24. Old vs New And A Date

I quickly tapped my foot against the floor anxiously waiting for the rest of the crew. After they talked about how big of a risk I took and how Thayer wanted security tapes to see the proof, they decided that I was allowed to hang out with them in school. They didn't know I had about a thousand other adoption records at my house which I still had to somehow return or dispose of.

" Yo Cole you ready?" Theo asked as they all approached.

"Yea." I answered, following them to the cafeteria. As we approached, I could hear the voices of our peers and all eyes on us as we entered. I didn't understand how they could walk through the cafe without feeling uncomfortable. The Cafe was a place that was always loud but it was dead silent. People watched us walk from the door to our table at the back.

It wasn't until we all sat, did Thayer glare at everyone saying. "What the fuck are you looking at? " After that everyone started talking again, giving us glances and some even taking pictures.

"That was terrible." I groaned out as I felt a comforting hand on my back. Dakota.

"It's okay. It'll blow over eventually." She said.

I nodded my head. I had thought it would of been cool to walk in with them. I'm just dreading the rest of the day because I'd be getting stares.

"You knew what you signed up for." Jacob huffed, some of the others agreeing.

"I'm not regretting my decision. It's just how do you not feel uncomfortable with all the stares?" I asked.

"We've been friends a very long time. Since middle school we've gotten the stares and it was uncomfortable. But we got used to them pretty fast." Trish answered, as she propped her legs up on the table.

I was going to ask how long they had been friends for, when an there was a bunch of loud voices from a few tables down from us. I looked behind me to see that the noise had come from the table I used to sit at. The football team and the cheer leading squad. Half of them were coming towards us. Including Brett, Kevin and Emily.

"Okay, funny joke Cole. You can stop the charade and come sit with us." Brett spoke first, the cafeteria going silent again.

"He's allowed to sit where he wants." Paul answered for me.

"Was I talking to you?" Brett snapped.

"Well you didn't specifically ask a question. Therefore any of us are qualified to answer." Paul snapped right back.

Brett rolled his eyes as Kevin spoke.

"So you're what? Friends?" Kevin asked, looking at me.

"Yea. I've been hanging out with them for awhile." I answered truthfully.

My honesty caused a few gasps from them. I rolled my eyes, after hanging out with these guys they weren't bad people. They did bad things but all good people did.

"You must of force him to hang out with you somehow!" Emily spoke in her squeaky voice.

"Do you see him cuffed to the table?" Theo asked sarcastically.

"I don't know how you did it but you obviously did!" She argued back pathetically. "No one's going to take my Cole Bear away from me!" She continued.

"Hey Cole, I think we figured out your nickname." Thayer spoke to me as he started laughing as Trish joined in. I flipped them off, making Trish and Dakota laugh harder.

"How do you explain your face that was busted up for a few weeks?" Kevin asked reminding me that we had an audience.

"There was a drunk at the bar. He got a few swings in before I got him down." I answered.

"I doubt that. Knowing that you've been with them, made you do all their dirty work. Do they have dirt on you ? If they do we got your back." Kevin told me.

This was really starting to get on my nerves.

"No! Okay?" I said irritably.

Kevin laughed."Why would you want to hang out with them?" He said. "They're troublemakers!"

"We're sitting right here you know." Paul said loudly. We both ignored him.

Kevin looked at me. I mean really looked at me. It was making me feel even more uncomfortable. He seemed to remember something as he looked at me and he smirked.

" I know why you want to hang out with them. I remember you asking Brett all types of questions about them at football practice. You wanted to know their names and what we thought about them."

I remembered that.

"I remember you talking about how hot you found Trish. I remember you saying if you had the opportunity to sleep with her, you would go for it!"

Thayer, Paul, Theo and Jacob all stood up, glaring at me.

"What? I didn't say that! I asked questions but I didn't say I'd sleep with her." I told the boys. Before they could react, Trish reacted. She stood up, walked around the side of the table where I was sitting and sat on my lap, looping her arms around my neck.

"I happen to find Cole very attracting." She looked at Kevin as she spoke.

"Really?" I asked. Her blue green eyes met mine, smiling and nodding her head.

"So if you're not busy Friday, want to go on a date with me?" I asked her, smiling back. I saw her lip twitch.

"I would love to." Her smile returned to full as she spoke.

"Pick you up at 8 o'clock." I smiled back at her.

She turned to look back at Kevin and the rest of them, their expressions shocked and confused. "Now will you excuse us? I have a date to get ready for." She stood up, taking my hand and walking around the corner from peering eyes.

"What the fuck was that Cole?" She pushed me against the wall with strength.

"What was what? You're the one who came to me all flirting." I hissed at her.

"I was hoping you would've flirted back, not ask me out! I told you I don't do romance." She hissed back, her eyes hard.

" I'm sorry! I acted how any other guy would of acted! You don't have to go out with me." I said back.

"You idiot. I have to go out with you now! They're going to ask how the date was on Monday." She rolled her eyes at my obliviousness.

"It's just one date. I won't ask again."

"Better not ask me again." She gave me one last glare before going back the way we'd come.

The Streetsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें