9. Acting Good And Driving Good

Trish's POV

Cole kept his distance from us. But that didn't help people talking about what happened at the bar on Saturday.

The video that girl, Emily, recorded had gone viral among the students in our school. People went up to Cole giving him high fives and fist bumps and saying he was the first guy ever, 'to put us in our place.'

I looked over at Cole and his Jock friends across the hall. I couldn't tell if he was enjoying the attention or if he was just putting it on for show. 

The whole thing pissed Thayer off even more and he kept bothering me by asking why I had picked Cole.

"I'm doing all I can think of to try and get back at The Raiders. I'm thinking logistics and numbers here." I argued back to Thayer when he asked me yet again.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Trish The Raiders only have five people in their crew. We outnumber them by one."

"One is to close and it could be two in the future." I said right back, trying to keep my voice down because the others were sleeping.

"The numbers in the crew are even. Why add another? He could be our downfall for all we know."

"He could be the one to help us defeat The Raiders for all we know."

Thayer rolled his eyes at me again and shook his head.

That was the end of the conversation that night but I knew it wasn't going to be the last one. All of this ran through my head as Cole and his Jock friends walked out of my line of vision.

"What we doing tonight?" Dakota asked as she sat down beside me.

" Competitions start soon, so I was thinking that we could start practicing again. Reeker wants something from a dealer at the Northern dock Wednesday."

"Okay, what about Cole? Are you going to have him go and get Reekers shipment or have him lay back?"

"I'll get him to go along with me.  I'd send Thayer with him he'd  leave him there or call the cops on him and The Twins would do a prank on him."

Dakota chuckled, agreeing with me.

"Hear anything from The Raiders?"

"No but I imagine their scheming and planning. So it'll be smart for us to keep our eyes and ears open."

She nodded and spoke again." Do you think Cole's going to make it through Initiation?"

I bit my lip, thinking.

"I think he'll have his good moments and his bad ones, we all do in the world were apart of. But you saw how he was when we met up at the bar the next day. He was calm, yet eager and curious. I'm hoping he'll give us new angles of thinking when it comes to what we do."

"He won't be so eager when he gets used to what we do." Paul spoke as the rest of the boys came up behind Dakota and I.

"I'll be surprised if he doesn't back out or  think about it. I'll throw a block party if that day comes." Thayer grinned as he spoke.

" I hope he doesn't because I'll think it'll be fun."

They all raised their eyebrows at the word 'fun'. What we did wasn't classified as that.

I rolled my eyes at them. " What? Don't tell me you aren't happy to play pranks on Cole because you've done all of them on us." I looked at The Twins and then moved my eyes to Thayer. "Don't tell me you aren't happy about giving someone new a hard time or someone else to pick on."

"She has a point." Dakota agreed and laughed.

"I'll have someone else to workout with." Theo added in.

"What about me?" Thayer asked.

"Dude you're that kid in class who acts like the gym is the Olympics." Theo chuckled.

"Do not!" Thayer argued right back as we gathered our things to go to home.

They argued back and forth until we got to the boy's cars.

"Who's that by my car?" Thayer said.

Sure enough there was someone admiring Thayer's Lamborghini and it wasn't until I got closer that I realized it was Cole.

"What did we say about laying low until your Initiation was over Jock boy?" Thayer asked rudely.

"Its after school, no one's around. Even if people did see anything I'd just make up an excuse." Cole answered.

I pressed my lips together and watched the two boys. I was starting to like Cole because it seemed that Thayer's temper didn't affect him like it did others.

Thayer crossed his arms. "What would your excuse be?"

"I was admiring your car until you came out and yelled at me. People would believe it because they know you and your temper." Cole replied nonchalantly.

"Whatever. Let's go Jock Boy."

Cole nodded and went to the passenger door before Thayer spoke again.

"I don't think so! You haven't got privilege to ride in my car yet, ride with Paul or Jacob."

Immediately Jacob and Paul started to disagree, but before it could really get started Dakota got them to shut up. " You boys and your cars! I'll just walk. I'll be there before any of you anyways." With that she left. That shut them up. Jacob gave this keys to me as he ran after Dakota. The others got in their vehicles and left.

As  they turned the corner I turned and threw the keys to Cole who caught them.

"Your letting me drive?"

I nodded. " Don't tell Jacob and I'll count this as part of your Initiation to see how you drive."

He grinned at me and swung his legs over the motorcycle and I climbed on behind him. I handed him the only helmet and he looked at it.

"I don't think so . If you're letting me drive you could at least wear the helmet."

"It's your pretty face that'll be getting hurt if you crash."

Cole started the engine of Jacobs motorcycle and grinned over his shoulder at me. " You got a prettier face. A plastic surgeon could always fix me up."

I rolled my eyes. "You'll never have the same pretty face again."

"So you think I have a pretty face?" He questioned.

I laughed at his attempt at flirting. "Just go all ready before you waste any more gas."

Cole turned around and I put the helmet on. I wrapped my hands around his waist as he drove out of the back parking lot to the front one. I could feel his abs through his shirt he was wearing as he drove towards home. When he shifted in his seat I could feel his stomach muscles tighten and then loosen up as he got comfortable. I  failed to notice until now that he had major arm muscles. I looked at them as he tightened his arm to start the gas again as the light turned green. All of this made me notice how attractive Cole is.

We arrived home, snapping me out of my state  as I took the helmet off.

"Thanks for letting me drive." I looked up at Cole who was handing me the keys.

"No problem. Just know that if were ever being chased by the cops you'll have to speed." I did notice things through my goggling.

Cole gave an uneasy chuckle. " Does that happen often?"

"Sometimes."

He nodded his head and didn't seem to worry over it as we stepped into the bar together.