12. Aid

My face and stomach were aching by the time we got back to home. I got off the motorcycle with a groan as the world seem to tilt around me. I felt Trish grab my arm, trying her best to steady me.

"Come on Cole. Dakota will be able to patch you up inside." With the thought of medical supplies so close I trudged forward. The bar was packed and no one paid attention to Trish and I. As soon as we were upstairs I made way to one of the bunks and sat down, hoping the world would stop moving.

"Where's Dakota?" I heard Trish ask.

"Not back from her date yet." It was Theo speaking.

"Nice to see one of us having a good time." I heard Theo chuckle before the sound of someone else coming upstairs reached my ears.

"Hey yo, what happened to Jock Boy here?" Thayer laughed as he spoke.

"Shut up dude. I don't remember saying anything when your face was all broke up." I retorted.

The grin on his face fell before being placed by a menacing look. "Whoever beat you didn't do a good job at it if you're still talking like that to me."

I rolled my eyes, to sore to fight with him.

"Come on, looks like I'll have to patch you up. You two, get both bags to Reeker and tell him we got him more than he was planning for." Trish grabbed my hands and hauled me to my feet. She led me to one of the bathrooms and directed me to stand by the small counter. The bathroom was small, there was a toilet right by the door and the shower diagonally from it. The counter was full of girl products on both sides of the sink and Trish shoved some of it out of the way to make room for the first aid kit.

"No mirror?" I questioned.

She gave a small chuckle and pulled out a small one from underneath the sink. I took it from her to see how bad the damage was.

There was a little blood coming out of my nose from Tattoo guys punch. A cut on my eyebrow and my cheek was starting to swell. I put the mirror down and lifted up my shirt, looking to see my other damage. There was no visible damage on my skin but touching it, as I tried, hurt like hell. I'd have to observe the next few football practices.

" I've seen a lot worse." Trish said, eyeing the damage.

"How much worse?"

"Thayer's got his jaw broken before and we had to fix it ourselves."

"Doesn't surprise me with the mouth of his."

She laughed and took out some bandages and some cream. She put her hands on my stomach, moving me back to lean on the counter. I tugged up my shirt so she could apply the cream. It was cool and soothing to my aching muscles, making it feel better. She washed her hands and opened the band aids. She stood directly in front of me, wiping the blood from my nose as I slowly moved my hands and put them on her waist.

"It'll take a bit to heal but when it does you'll have that pretty boy face of yours back." She gave me a small smile.

I stood up, my hands still on her waist and leaned down, giving a small kiss on her cheek.

"Thanks Trish." I said.

She gave me a dazed look before speaking. "I don't do romance." She blurted. I stood there just looking down at her before she coughed  slightly and darted out of the bathroom, leaving me alone.