25. Arguing Her To Argue Myself

Trishs' POV

I glanced at my phone again. Where the hell was she? I was waiting for Dakota so I could tell her what happened between Cole and I since we met each other. With everything going on, it had slipped my mind. But with the date tomorrow it had reminded me that I had to talk to her.

"Sorry I'm late. I lost track of time." Dakota came up behind me sitting down at the table.

"Of course you did." I said with a smirk, which made her blush.

"Shut up you." She replied as the blush faded from her cheeks. "Why'd you call me here to meet?"

We were at a local diner along the coast, where it was popular for their seafood and finger foods. It was a perfect spot to see the sunset.

"I wanted to talk about Cole." She smirked at me.

"Thinking about that hot body and mysterious date he's taking you on?" She raised her eyebrow as she sipped her milkshake that I ordered for her.

"No. I'm thinking about all the stuff that's happened between us that I haven't told you." I told her, making her choke on her milkshake.

"What do you mean 'stuff that's happened between us'." She asked incredulously after she stopped coughing.

"There's nothing big that's happened." I said.

"Don't get me worked up for nothing!" She balled up her napkin, throwing it at me. I easily swatted it on the floor, before answering.

"I ended up letting him ride one of The Twins motorcycle after school one day. I ended up putting my hands on his stomach and feeling his abs. I ended up flirting with him only because he was checking me out. I'm too aware of him. We get a lot of attention at school but I remember his eyes on me and I couldn't help but notice how he good he looked after we finished practicing the other day." I finished.

"I'm totally telling Paul and Jacob you let Cole ride one of their bikes." Dakota replied after I stopped my little rant.

"Dakota!" I laughed, picking up the napkin on the floor and throwing it back at her.  "I'm trying to have a serious conversation here."

She sighed, suddenly turning serious. "I don't know what to tell you Taze. It seems that you seem to like him by what you're telling me. Or at least physically." She smirked at me again.

"I don't do relationships." I said in a flat tone.

"Just have him as your friend with benefits." She answered back, giving me a look I couldn't decipher.

I shook my head. "I'm not going to do that to Cole, he's to nice."

"See." Dakota snapped her fingers. "If you didn't feel any feelings for Cole, you wouldn't of had a problem with being a friend with benefits".  She argued back with me.

"It's because I know him." I argued back quickly.

"What does that have to do with anything?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"If I wanted a friend with benefits I would pick someone up at a club. I wouldn't know him or get feelings for him."

"That's not a good argument. I know people who've been friends for years a they've ended up in bed." Dakota replied.

" I haven't known him for years. None of us have! We've only got to know him.

"Just admit you have feelings for him!" Dakota said loudly.

"I don't have feelings for him!" I yelled back at her louder.

"Excuse me ladies. If you don't lower your voices you're going to be forced to leave." A waitress came up behind me.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

She gave a small nod and walked away.

"Why are we here then?" Dakota asked in a much lower tone.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Why are we here? You seem to already know the answer to the question. It seems like you're just trying to prove yourself wrong by arguing with me."

I looked at my crazy, shopaholic best friend. I love her. But sometimes I didn't like her. This moment happened to be one of them. She was to observant and she knew me too well.

"Let's just order and get out of here." I said, not answering her question. She smiled at me, seeming to think I had made up my mind.

"Taze, If you were still hung up on Zeke we wouldn't be having this conversation." I grumbled under my breath at her, before calling a waiter to us.

Dakota and I talked about other things for the rest of the night, laughing and eating our food. We walked back home.

"I know you'll make the right choice Trish." She smiled at me as our home was in sight. Not knowing what to say I nodded my head.