26. The Date

A/N: This chapter will be longer than most. Sorry!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The conversation with Dakota was playing over and over in my head again since yesterday. After mentally arguing with myself for over twenty four hours, I came to the conclusion that I was attracted to Cole. Physically at least. I didn't know Cole well enough to say that I like him.

"You look amazing." I heard Cole's voice behind me. I turned around to see him opening the passenger seat to an black SUV. He smiled at me as I approached and slipped inside. He gently closed the door behind me and made his way to the drivers side.

"I don't look amazing." I said to his compliment as he drove out of the parking lot.

"I beg to differ." He said taking his eyes off the road, to look at me. I was wearing jeans, and a t-shirt because he told me to dress casually. My hair was up in a high ponytail instead of down. I looked over to see that he was also dressed alike. He wore dark blue jeans and a white shirt. The t-shirt clung to him nicely, outlining his chest in all the right ways.

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked him, looking out the window. I thought he would be taking me to a dinner and a movie.

"It's a surprise. You don't seem like the movie and dinner type so I thought of this place." He answered as we got closer to the outskirts of town. I had lived in L.A my whole life, there was nothing out here besides new construction houses and abandoned ones.

"We're here." Cole spoke, snapping me out of my thoughts. The place wasn't busy, the music loud and the smell of fast food filled the air. I looked at the sign above me knowing where we were.

"Go Kart racing?" I said excited.

"Is this okay? I mean we could go somewhere else if you wan-" He began.

"No! This is perfect!" I said, meeting his eyes. Cole smiled before getting out and I quickly followed. We made our way to the ticket holder taking a few minutes.

"I'm going to kick your ass." I said confidently as we picked out our cars.

"Is that so?" Cole hummed with a smirk. "Want to make it interesting?"

"Sure."

"Okay what do you want if you win?" He asked.

I paused, thinking about what I wanted. I could get him to do my homework but that seemed to nice. I could get him to pull a prank on Thayer. But if Cole told him it was only because he lost a bet with me, Thayer would just get angry at me. I thought a of a few more things, nothing satisfying until one came to me.

I gave him an evil smirk before saying."If I win, you have to stop at the beach and skinny dip."

He paled at my suggestion. " All I want is if I win I get to be the one to race against The Raiders."

I gave him another evil smile. "Better win then."

We both got into our chosen cars and strapped in with the help of the people working. I slipped on my helmet and moved my way up to the starting line.

"All right. Three laps around to determine the winner." One of the employees yelled over the roar of the engines. I nodded my head before revving my engine, making Cole rev his.

"On your mark."

"Get set."

"Go!"

I stomped down on the gas pedal, shooting forward and around the first corner. I continued around the second bend and third before Cole came out of nowhere, cutting me off. I slammed on my breaks to avoid bumping into him and he sped off quickly out of my sights. I grumbled a curse at him, before starting off again. I pressed the gas pedal all the way down, going faster than I was before. I could hear the sound of my heartbeat in my ears as I rounded the corner, as Cole passed the finish line.