27. Stares and Pettiness

Cole's POV

Everywhere I went, people stared. After almost a week now you'd think would lose interest. It was hard to believe that the stares were worse now than they were before. Teachers were starting to stare. I walked in to English class one day and my teacher Ms.Lupas and a P.E. teacher were talking about me. I had to awkwardly clear my throat for them to notice I was there.

"Will it ever stop?" I groaned to my new friends at lunch that day.

"Don't like the attention now do you Jock Boy? You didn't seem to mind it when that video of you and Trish were dancing was everywhere." Thayer responded.

"Shut up Blades. We all know how it feels to have too much attention on us." Trish answered before I could.

I smiled back at her and she gave me a rare one back. Since the date last week she seemed more open to me.

"Whatever." Thayer huffed and looked away.

"You're getting another death stare from your so called team." Paul stated as he stared over Dakota's shoulder.

Sure enough, when I turned around they were all still as statues and glaring at me. I continued to look back at them until I slowly raised my right hand and stuck my middle finger up at them. Kevin narrowed his eyes at my action and looked away, making the rest of them look away.

"Nice friends you got there. Do they just judge you based on who you spend your free time with?" Theo asked.

"That's high school for you." I breathed. The rest of the lunch hour went by quickly with some conversation. We talked about how much fun they thought my football practice would be and how I would be the one to race against The Raiders later on tonight.

"The fuck you mean Jock boy is going to be racing?" Thayer asked angrily.

"We made a bet and he won fair and square." Trish replied.

"Well he ain't using my car." He answered back.

"Yes he is. Dakota just got her car and if she loses it we're never going to hear the end of it. The Twins have motorcycles and it's cars only." Trish added in a matter of fact tone.

"Why can't Jock Boy get a car? I thought he was looking into one." Thayer directed the sentence at me.

"I'm working and the money I got from the shipment I used on the documents." I answered back

"Work harder than." He snapped in reply, just as the bell rang..

I rolled my eyes at his reply and continued off to class. Throughout the rest of the day, I was stared at still and I tried my best to ignore it. It got to the final period  of the day, Science. That was when the stares started to really get on my nerves. The teacher, who didn't seem to notice just continued her lesson. When the final bell rang, I was more than grateful to leave.

I quickly made my way to the boys change room where I sucked in a sighed of relief until I saw what was on my locker. The word 'traitor' was written in what looked like permanent marker and it was dented. It looked as if someone or something had rammed into it multiple times, trying to get into it. I didn't understand why someone would want to break into my locker. There wasn't anything important in it.

The sound of other teammates coming in, pulled me out of my thoughts. It was Brett, Kevin and a few other guys from the team. They stopped talking when they saw me, and Brett's face lit up in a evil smirk.

"What happened to your locker there, bitch boy?" He asked and the others laughed as they started changing.

My locker wasn't vandalized to get something out of it. It was purposely vandalized by the guys on my team because I'm now publicly hanging out with the Mischief's.

"No idea. Petty if you ask me." I commented as I opened my dented locker and started to change. Brett glared at me, not thinking of a comeback. I finished changing and made my way to the field, already tired from today's events.

"All right boys," Coach Trip called. He was a skinny man, not very athletic but he knew a lot about football. He hardly came to practices, saying he was confident enough in Kevin's plays.

"The season is halfway over. We're going to have more practices, for longer hours." He explained, causing me to groan. It was hard balancing school, practice and now that I was apart of the Mischief's, I hadn't found a balance yet.

"What was that Mr.Hall?" Coach called me out.

"Nothing Coach." I replied. He narrowed his eyes at me but didn't say anything.

We started practice then and it was the same as normal. We made plays and we were able to get past the defense no at all.It was pretty boring. I didn't need to concentrate, so I let my mind wander.

What was going to happen tonight at the street race? Would I be able to beat The Raiders? What would happen if I couldn't? I cringed at the thought of Thayer's rage if I were to lose his car.

"That's all for the day boys!" Coach called.