41. Debating

Trish's POV

None of us slept that night. Cole told me his plan as we made our way back to our home and I was surprised at how thought out it was. I was on board with the plan but some of the others weren't.

We were in the living area of our home, sitting according to how we were divided. Dakota, Cole, Theo and I were on one side while Jacob, Paul and Thayer were on the other side.

"There's so much that could wrong. Is it even worth trying to do it in?" Jacob argued back. It was almost four in the morning now and we had been at this for hours.

"It's worth it. If the plan works, we'll have some breathing room until they think of a way to get us back." Cole argued back tugging at the ends of his hair.

"That's another problem. We have no idea how they'll retaliate. If it's going to be worse than what we're considering doing to them or is it going to be around the same level? Either way we're screwed if we do this." Jacob said with a roll of his eyes.

"It's better than not doing anything at all." I sighed. "We've never waited long to retaliate. They're on edge because we haven't done anything. They're going to start to talk and that might affect our reputation."

"Let's just go over the plan once more." Paul said, speaking for the first time. Cole groaned, not liking to repeat himself.

"I still have the adoption records I stole from city hall. I didn't know what I was going to do with them, so I hid them. We can plant the records at one of The Raiders houses and tip off the cops. Whoever house we dump the records in goes to jail and The Raiders are one less member."

"How the hell is that going to work? How'd you not get caught doing that? I know they have security cameras." Thayer asked.

"Did you forget? I bribed the woman in charge of the records. She wouldn't report anything because if she did, she could get in major trouble ." Cole proudly explained. "As for the 'how the hell is that going to work, is easy.' We pick whoever from The Raiders, find where they live and plant the records."

"It's not that simple. We'd have to figure out how to get in and out without letting them know we were there. Not get caught planting the records and make sure they get arrested." Paul said with a shake of his head.

"We're going to use Zeke, I know where he lives. We scope out the house, exits, entrances, if there's  security. Then we will talk again and go from there." I didn't like making decisions like this but none were getting made so I had no choice.

"I'm  down with using Zeke. Fucking hate the guy but this whole breaking and entering thing isn't our expertise. Why don't we ask for help?" Jacob asked slowly. He knew how I was about asking for it.

"New Years is in three days, ask Austin when we go to his party. This is more up his alley." Theo prompted.

"Okay fine. But Cole was there anyone else you talked to that day? We don't want any unexpected surprises."

Cole, sitting on the couch ran his hands through his hair once more, thinking. "Shit. I talked to the receptionist. She was middle aged and I don't remember what her name was."

"Great. How are we going to keep her from talking? We have no idea how much money she'll want or if she'll cooperate with us." Paul sighed.

Dakota, who was sitting next to Cole, shook her head, turning around the laptop that she was using. "No need. Her name was Betty Rutgers and she quit her job two weeks ago because she won the lottery." There, on the screen was an online article of Betty with a big smile on her face and a large cheque in her hands.

"What a coincidence." Thayer said in a sarcastic tone.

"Coincidence or not we have a better shot at this." Cole said, not backing down.

"Yes but we still have all the other things I said to worry about." Jacob  wasn't letting up.

"Everything we do has risks. Why suddenly do you guys act all concerned?" I said glaring at them.

"This is the biggest thing we might do to get back at them. Sorry if we're a little on edge Taze." Thayer spat.

I sighed massaging my face. "This is the only idea we have. If any of you have a better idea share it."

They were all silent, wrapped up in the situation. "Exactly." I said, slumping against one of the pillars.

"If something goes wrong, we'll deal with it then. Trish said this is the only idea we have and I don't think another one could top it." Dakota spoke breaking the silence.

"Fine. But if we get caught, I'm blaming you." Thayer said before disappearing. Jacob and Paul soon mumbled their agreements, before heading off to bed.

"Want to go shopping tomorrow for Austin's party?" Dakota asked, causing Theo to laugh.

"You've been up for almost twenty four hours and you're planning to do something tomorrow? Shouldn't you sleep?" Cole asked bewildered.

"What's the point in sleeping? The sun's going to be up in two hours anyways." Dakota replied, stretching out her short legs.

"I'll go. But I don't want to be there for hours." I agreed.

"Yay!" Dakota clapped her hands before walking off.

"Well I'm not as crazy as you and Dakota so I'm going to bed." Theo yawned, giving me a small hug before leaving the room.

"Shouldn't you be getting some sleep?" I questioned Cole who was still present.

"I wouldn't be able to sleep either. My minds going around in circles." He explained.

I nodded knowing the feeling. I closed my eyes, still leaning on the pillar. "That doesn't look very comfortable." Cole commented. I groaned opening my eyes seeing that he was staring at me amusingly. "Why don't you get some sleep?

"I'm going to have to be up in a few hours anyways." I mumbled more tired.

Cole shook his head, leaning back on the couch closing his eyes. His mind was still going, I could tell  by looking at him. The pillar that was comfortable for me moments ago, wasn't now. I sighed, walking over to the couch Cole was on before slumping on it.

"I told you it looked uncomfortable."

"Shut up." I said before slipping into unconsciousness.