40. With Anger Comes An Idea

I punched the bag hanging in front of me again and again and again.I was surprised being so angry. It was at what happened at practice and then I started to think.

I was angry at Wiz, Trish, and Zeke.

 Wiz, the cocky, arrogant thing. I didn't like the way he seemed to think as if the world revolves around him and how he spoke to me. He spoke to me as if I were nothing but a piece of gum on the ground. We were the ones to do all his dirty work and he couldn't treat us with an ounce of appreciation. He had killed people and almost killed two close to me. What would we have done if Wiz had killed them? I felt an unpleasant shudder run down my spine. If Jacob would have died, he never would've met his real parents. He wanted to meet them now after the accident, saying that it made him rethink things. 

I couldn't even think what would happen if we lost Trish. She was the physical leader of all of us. We all seemed to take a piece of leadership but we looked to her for a final say. If her injuries were a lot worse and she ended up dying, she never would know how I feel about her. I had been subtlety showing them to her and if she saw, I didn't know. I had barely left her side while she was on the mend after the explosion and it was harder to concentrate in school. I kept wanting the hours rush by just to sit by her bedside to talk to her or to watch her sleep. 

Then she had to go and talk to Wiz all by herself! She just escaped death's grip only to walk right back into it. He could've killed her or kept her prisoner or done any number of things to her. A number of images of Trish being hurt flashed a crossed my mind. My punches becoming harder again. Thinking of Trish getting hurt made me think of Zeke. Just winning the competitions in my opinion was not enough. That was a way to get back at The Raiders as a whole. I wanted to do something to Zeke for making her hurt. I would have to get the other guys to help me out with that. They wanted a piece of Zeke as much as me.

"Cole?"  A voice sounded behind me. I stopped hitting the bag and turned around to see Trish looking at me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Hey." I said taking the boxing gloves off and putting them on one of the benches. 

"We've been trying to reach you for the past hour. Is your phone broken?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

I picked up my phone, showing her that my headphones had been plugged in. I hadn't heard any of the text messages or phone calls come in. I scrolled through them seeing a threatening one from Thayer, a concerned one from Dakota, a set of texts from The Twins and six calls from Trish.

"Is everything okay? It's a load of spam.." I trailed off, erasing all the messages.

"Reeker has a job for us and since you didn't answer, you're going with Thayer." I felt my mouth pop open. "You're kidding me right? You realize he'll kill me or try to get me arrested."

"He promised me he'd be on his best behavior."

I rolled my eyes not believing it. "How'd you find me anyways?" I asked taking a sip of water.

"Dakota saw something on Facebook about you and one of your teammates fighting. I looked around places but it was Thayer who suggested looking here. He comes here when he's angry." She explained as her eyes wandered over the gym.

"I'm shocked I even have something in common with the guy." I muttered, causing her to press her plump lips together. "I've been thinking about how to get back at The Raiders since lunch." I admitted to her. 

"Any ideas?" She sighed.

I opened my mouth going to say no, when an idea popped into my mind. There's a few ways that the plan could go wrong, making my heart sink. It could be way too risky and I didn't know if anyone in the crew would go for it.

"You just got an idea didn't you?" She said, sitting down next to me. I nodded my head as the plan in my head kept replaying itself. I felt her hand on my arm, tugging gently. I looked up at her seeing that she was peering at me intently. 

"Tell me. I thought you I asked you to share your thoughts no matter how far fetched they are." 

I opened my mouth and told her my plan.