Chapter Thirty - Eight

Song - Fine China - Chris Brown

**-**

"Happy Birthday!" Someone shouted in my ear, waking me up with a jump.

What?

I leaned up, seeing Julian and Emily both with birthday hats on their heads one in Emily's hand that i'm guessing was for me.

No thank you. More importantly i forgot today was my birthday. It's been a day since the whole fight between Justin and me. I guess i got so caught up in my self anger and pity i forgot today was my 19th birthday.

"Oh. Thanks." I muttered with a giggle when Emily put the hat on my head.

"What shall we do today?" She asked smirking.

"Don't make a big deal of it." I said getting up from the bed.

"Shut up! We're going out tonight!" Julian squeeled high-fighving Emily smiles on both their faces.

I shook my head, "No, we're not." I disagreed. Last thing i need was to get butchered in the media about partying with my crazy friends. I don't need that.

"Why?" They whined in sinc. I shook my head, "You know why." I replied closing the bathroom door in their pouting faces. I don't need their guilt.

*

I came out after my shower seeing Emily and Julian on my bed with a black dress on the bed that i'd never seen before.

Bloody hell. Their not gonna give up are they?

"No, we're not." They said in unison.

Well, shit.

"Loosen up. It will be fun!" Emily said getting on her knee's and begging. Literally. Julian soon joined her.

"You guys know why i don't want to go." I whined, falling back on the bed in aggravation.

Truthfully; i want to go out and celebrate. I usually don't make a big deal of my birthday, haven't since my parents died. My aunt and uncle never bothered so i soon gave up on a big celebration. I never even told anyone about my birthday and honeslty didn't want too. Emily and Julian only know because Sadie told them. Now, it's different. It's my 19th birthday. I want to do something fun for once.

"Forgot the haters. Don't let papparazi or fangirls ruin your birthday. Have fun, don't worry about what people think!" Julian said sitting beside me, Emily still on the floor engrosed in her phone, occasionally nodding, a smile on her face. I'll have to ask her what's got her so happy later.

I nodded. He's right. I should do what i want for once, don't worry about the outcome.

I nodded, "Okay. I'll go." I agreed actually excited. They cheered, in excitment, and started jabbering about where to go.

I needed to get my mind off of the drama going on between Justin and i anyways. I haven't talked to him since yesterday in the bus, i somehow avoided him during rehearsal, but what also worried me was, he didn't even try. It's not like i was looking for a chase, i was just kinda hoping he would show some trace of care. He hasn't even called me. I feel like the bad guy in this, when i'm clearly not. I'm just worried he's given up.

 I need to fix this - and soon.

"Jess? Jess!" Emily yelled snapping her fingers in front of my face. I gave her questioning look.

"We've been trying to get your attention for like 2 minutes." She said laughing. I shook my held, attempting to clear my mind. Didn't work.

"Let's go get breakfast." Julian said getting up, i nodded in agreement.