Chapter Thirty - Two

Song - Say You're Just a Friend - Austin Mahone, Piano Version

**

"Bitch." Someone spat at me, from my right. I looked up and saw a person with all black on, except the mask it was wearing, which was all white. I was gonna retaliate, but couldn't get the words to come out.

"You're a good for nothing, bitch." They said stepping closer, making me step back, which only made them step closer, i tried stepping back more, but my back hit a wall. I couldn't say anything. Every time i opened my mouth, nothing would come out.

"You deserve to die." They sneared, before they pulled a shiny tool out of there pocket. A knife. I tried to scream, but once again nothing would come out of my mouth. I could see them smirk through their mask before they rose the shiny blade, above their head and bringing it down, as a fast pace.

*

"Jess! Jessica!" I heard someone scream, shaking me. My eyes shot open looking around to see Emily next to me looking frantic. I felt sweat on my for head.

"Are you okay?" She asked frantically.

I shook head, trying to clear my thoughts. I opened my mouth to speak, words actually coming out,

"Yeah." I croaked out, looking around the room which was pitch black except for the light that was coming from the closed bathroom door.

"You scared the hell outta me!" She said clutching her heart. I frowned, "I'm sorry." I said.

"Did you have a nightmare?" She asked ignoring my apology. I nodded, i guess i did.

"What about?" She kept on. I shrugged, which made her drop it. She nodded once, before descending from my bed to her own.

"You're okay?" She asked covering up. I nodded, then remembered she couldn't see me in the dark. "Yeah, i'm fine. Thanks for waking me." I said turning over. The only answer i got was soft snoores, coming from under her covers. I smirked a bit, before closing my eyes.

I couldn't get the images out of my mind, from my nightmare. I've been having weird dreams since the night of the break up. Maybe it was Karma's way of coming back to me, for breaking his heart?

It wasn't long until i snuck back into a dreamless slumber.

*

"Are you okay?" Emily asked taking a sip from her starbucks coffee looking up at me through her eyelashes.

"Fine, why?" I asked playing with my straw wrapper. "Nothing, i'm just curious, you've been acting off." She said looking at me curiously. I just shrugged as my response.

"You miss him." She stated, a ghost smile playing on her lips. Emily; being blunt as always.

"Who?" I asked playing stupid. I know what she's talking about. I just don't wanna talk about it.

"Justin, stupid." She said kicking my shin from under the table, making me jump. I looked up at her.

I wanted to get defensive, but i knew what she said was right.

"Yeah." I caved in slumping down into my seat.

She just smirked.

"C'mon, rehearsal is in an hour, and we still have to walk back to the hotel." She said getting up and throwing her trash away along with mine. I nodded getting up.

"Why did you break up with him?" Emily asked, while we made out way out of the starbucks.

I paused before answering, "I didn't want to get in the way." I said looking down at my cup.