Ken: Deciphers

© IWuv_Stories a.k.a Richa Tripathi 2013. All Rights Reserved.

_______________________________________________________

“Take care of him” I said finally, grabbing my coat and pulling it over my shoulders.

“He isn’t wounded” Chrysler frowned, looking at Luke’s unconscious body where I had left it, on the couch. Juan sat on the carpet, with his head in his hands.

“He is” I told Chrysler “You just can’t see it”

Chrysler sighed “What are you going to do?”

I laughed sadly at the dry irony of it all.

“Look after Sharon until she regains her health.”

“and you say she will have Sarah’s memories?” he added another question.

“As clearly as if they were her own.”

He didn’t make an attempt to reply, or to ask anything else. The withering man simply sat back down in his chair, grabbing his temples, and observing Luke’s slow breathing.

“Time will heal him” I tried comforting him.

Chrysler shook his head “It was time that wounded him.”

“The blade pulls out the bullet, Chrysler” I reminded him “never forget that”

“Get out” Juan spoke up, when I was least expecting him to “Go and share your wisdom somewhere else!”

“I know you’re grieving—” I tried to justify myself, but the man pulled out a gun.

“You will either make me do something I will regret, by letting you walk out” he gritted his teeth and pulled the safety catch pointedly “or something I won’t”

“He isn’t leaving just yet” called out another voice; I would’ve believed to be Luke’s if it hadn’t come from behind me.

I turned to see Derek, with his fists clutched to either side, staring hardly at me in the eyes.

“You were supposed to leave!” Juan told Derek; horrified.

“I’m not running from the likes of him” Derek spat.

“I came as an ally” I defended.

“And you aren’t leaving until you fix my brother!” he growled in anger

“I did as much as I could” I sighed, knowing full well how it was going to end.

“Well, that obviously wasn’t enough” he sneered.

I looked at Luke’s tattoo one last time; with the demonic wing blackened and the angelic wing as bright as snow.

Things weren’t in balance.

The symbolic representation of Luke’s tattoo never failed to mystify me. The eerie design; the ironic property of black on good and white on bad—it all lead only to one answer.

“The cylinder in his tattoo, with the vertical lines through it” I began “signifies a bird cage. In the requisite terms; it is a cage for his Siren side. When the angel wing is black, and the demon wing white, his demonic side is suppressed. Like yin and yang, it resembles balance. But when black is black, and white is white...you get a monster that is grey”

“So why are the lines in the cylinder disappearing?” Derek asked.

“The cage is broken” I said, simply “when Chrysler showed me the design, I was certain the cage would be able to hold his Siren side, but I didn’t know that Luke had a limiter on him”