Sarah-Theories

Waking up to the sun, in a mansion, in the master’s bedroom, was an out-of-the-world experience.

When I opened my eyes, the French windows to my right allowed the white light to flood into the room and make small patches of rainbow reflections on the floor and bed sheets.

Shiloh was opening up the curtains.

“Good morning, Sarah” she smiled at me, despite our cross fire last night “Sleep well?”

I sat up and smiled back “yeah. Good morning”

“Great” she turned, opened up the bathroom door and began hanging a towel on the bar. Then, she sprayed new fragrance oil.

“Breakfast’s ready. Everyone’s at the table” she came over and turned down the night lamp “Join us when you’ve freshened up, and we’ll start”

“Sure. Thanks” I beamed.

She was being so sweet; somehow all my hostility evaporated.

She seemed to be in happy spirits, skipping around, cleaning up. It must’ve been nice to finally see some life in the huge mansion after so long. The place could’ve made for the best haunted house if it hadn’t been so well looked after. Somehow, despite how much I hated her the previous night; I couldn’t bring myself to feel the same that morning.

I went into the bathroom to freshen up, and was awestruck by just how beautiful it was.

I had woken up in the middle of the night, to use it, and practically forgot where I was when I entered.

The cream tiles and low yellow lighting gave a very homey feel to the place. The taps and sinks were all spotlessly clean, and the bath-tub was centred and embedded into the floor, with a pebble-strewn path circling it.

The fragrance oil had a scent of lavender in it, which I wouldn’t have liked so much if it wasn’t accompanied with the royal musk.

I turned around, to find a full length mirror, covering the entire length of the wall. To my right, a hook with two white bathrobes hung.

All in all, it was a prince’s paradise.

To think that Luke, from such a noble family, had grown up with me at Christ Orphanage, under its meagre funds, was just ironic.

Regardless, I turned on the tap and splashed my face with the cool water. Oddly, even the water seemed to sparkle under the muted, but plenty light.

I grabbed the towel Shiloh had freshly placed and realized immediately that I hadn’t packed my toothbrush.

Sighing, I left the bathroom, deciding to check my belongings once again, when I spotted Luke leaning against his room door, grinning at me.

“What?” I asked.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a packaged, long object and threw it onto the bed.

“Thought you might need it” he motioned.

I picked the new toothbrush up and smiled back at Luke “How’d you know?”

“You forgot to bring a toothbrush to White Rose as well. Remember?”

I laughed.

“Technically” Luke continued “you forgetting your toothbrush is pretty common, so I decided to just go buy you one this morning.”

“There are department stores around here?” I asked, remembering that we were surrounded by woods.

“We’re in a city, Sarah” he rolled his eyes “The woods are just a family touch”