Luke- Meeting an Old Friend

He entered before Sarah and I even realized he was coming. So, when he kicked open the door, we still sat in the same pose I had requested her to stay in, encircled within my arms. When he arrived, however, we split apart. The reaction was a little late and her face flushed red.

The curly hair tied in a low pony tail danced about frantically as he laughed like a maniac. His jacket, Monsieur, moved with his shaking body. One hand rested on Finir, his gun, in its holster, on his hip, while the other wiped away a tear from his eye.

“What the hell!” I burst out “What gives? Why’d you just barge in like that?”

“I just came to make sure you were behaving. I didn’t expect you to get lovey-dovey” he replied, recovering from his laughter fits.

“Mr. Krystal…it isn’t what it seemed” Sarah began.

“Don’t worry, Sarah dear. I understand” he winked at her.

“What the eff?” I said burning up. I got off the bed, caught his collar and raised my fist in the air, until I felt the cold nozzle of Finir on my chest.

“Attacking the teacher is against school rules” he warned, playfully.

“Teacher? You teach here? Seriously?” I asked in despair

“Yes. I’m your English teacher. If you hit me, you can be expelled” he threatened.

“Well in that case, you should lower your gun, sir, considering Corporal punishment, especially at such a high level, is illegal” I grinned “Plus, you could get fired, or worse, imprisoned”

“You are very considerate of your tutors, Luke White, I am baffled.” He smirked, keeping his gun back inside.

That irritated me. I pushed him away, deciding that he was simply a waste of my time.

“Why are you here, Juan?” I asked “why’d you come, and more importantly, when did you come?”

“You’re talking as if you have no idea, like this is our first time seeing each other for the second time” he laughed.

“Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but the last I remember seeing you was around six years ago” I replied.

“What are you talking about? We just met, during the battle!” he chuckled.

“No, Juan. Don’t play with my head. What battle?” I asked, refusing to fall so easily to his trickery.

“Luke, are you feeling okay? You can’t not remember it…it was just last night.” Juan’s expression was hard to read, especially with that eye patch on.

I raised an eyebrow

No” I confirmed “Last night I was with Julie and she—”

That’s when it all hit me

“Sarah, how did I end up in my dorm room?” I questioned “What happened? And why do I have a wound on my shoulder? Who did this to me?”

“Well, uh, they told me that after the battle ended, you crossed your limit and fainted, so Mr. Krystal dropped you here and I came to look after you”

“Not possible.” I breathed. “I remember it as clear as a sunny day. Last night I was with Julie and…You were crying and I woke up here” The sunny day wasn’t so sunny anymore.

“What? You mean you remember absolutely nothing from the point after unsealing?” Juan questioned.

“Yeah…it’s all a blank. What’s the time?”