Sarah- Love

It’s a four letter word. Like it, hate it…even those verbs are just four letter words.

The best part? It’s totally unpredictable. The worst part? It’s totally unpredictable.

Well, love or no love, best-friend was always a higher priority, and here I was, locked up in the assembly hall—with all other human students.

Apparently, there was a fire caused due to the ‘burning of an electrical circuit’ which was a pretty dumb cover story. At least according to me.

Stupid Kenny! He left me with the humans when I needed to see Luke the most!

“Sarah!” I heard a voice call out to me, in the crowd. I turned to find Derek, Luke’s twin, making his way toward me.

“What is it? How are things? How’s Luke?” I demanded immediately.

“I don’t have much time” he shook his head “I’m not even supposed to be here…but I have to do something”

“Derek. What happened?”

“Come with me” he dragged me along to one corner of the room.

“Listen, if anybody asks you where you found out from, you read it in a file. Ok?” he began in hushed tones.

“You aren’t making sense” I shook my head.

“Just promise me first!” he said agitated “You didn’t hear it from me!”

“Ok!” I replied “God. Ease up, will you?”

He looked all nervous and fidgety.

“Is Luke all right?” I demanded.

“No” he shook his head “but he will be…but that’s not the point.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“I’m really not supposed to be telling you this; not according to the Siren code…” he was rambling

“Then don’t” I suggested.

“I have to!” he emphasised “according to the brother code; I have to let you know!”

Ohhkay. No idea what that was supposed to mean.

He sighed one more time and ran his fingers through his hair; like how Luke often did. They were extremely similar; Luke and his brother. I mean, it was given since they were twins, but still! It was almost funny, how in tune they were together. If you asked me, I would tell you that I was sure they didn’t even need telepathy. They would have the same thing on their mind at the same time—like twins out of a fantasy novel.

Unless of course, like in this case, where one twin knew more than the other.

“So, you know…who Sharon Andrews is, right?” He asked, in a hushed tone, continuing pulling me along.

I didn’t want to talk about Sharon! Not with Derek!

I mean, how did he even know about her?

That got me curious…and he kept moving around. I figured it was because if we stayed in one place people were bound to notice (with Luke having that sexy body and voice, which Derek had too.)

Wait. Back up. Did I just say Luke had a sexy body?

I shook the thought away, concentrating on something else.

“Yeah” I nodded.

For a second, Derek looked sad “So you know, huh?” There were many thick layers of undertones in his voice.