Sarah- Just trust

It was impossible being with Kenny. After that afternoon, I tried to get time to be with him, but he hardly came out of his dorm, and when he did, he made sure for it to be impossible for me to be able to contact him.

“Master Kenny does not wish to meet with you.”

The girl called Amelia came to me and told me “This is a personal message from him, asking you to kindly stop tailing him.” She smirked. That little witch.

I looked around for Kenny. I saw him waiting by the door of the entrance to the school, outside which, near the basketball court, was where I was sitting.

I looked at him questioningly. He nodded, turned away, and disappeared into the building with James.

“Am I clear?” Annoying blondie asked again. 

I made an angry face at her, and she turned around with a 'humpf'.

He didn’t want to be with me? That’s not true…that couldn’t be.

But he confirmed it himself, now, didn’t he?

Why was he doing this? Couldn't he see that I loved him, that I had missed him to no bounds the entire time that he was gone? Couldnt he feel how much I wanted to be with him? Didn't he notice at all?

The entire time I'd loved him with all my heart...why is he doing this to me? 

I didnt find my answers anywhere, and, you know how it gets when you can't find answers.

I won’t cry…no…I-I- cant…I can’t hold back…no.

I  ran towards the alternate entrance to the girl’s dorm, pushing away anything that dared to step before me. Leaves, air, people. Even the confusion that attacked me, I tried to push it away with my hands as if it was grim reaper, hovering right in front of me.

I wanted to be in my room when I broke down. I wanted to be somewhere comfortable, somewhere…I didn't know. I just wanted to get rid of all those tears.

I ran up the stair case to the second floor, where my dorm was. I reached my door, but before I could unlock my room, I found myself within a circle made of a pair of arms I recognized so well, that I wasn’t ashamed of breaking down and drenching Luke’s shirt with my tears.

His one hand was around my shoulder, clutching me to him, and the other reached for the keys in my hand. He opened the door, and entered the house with me, still crying in his arms. After that, I wasn’t aware of what happened, but we were on the floor.

He was sitting, leaning against the closed door, and I was still in tight embrace with him. His chin touched the top of my head, while I clutched onto myself and he clutched onto me.

I let it pour. I couldn’t take it.

Why was Kenny acting like this? Why was I acting that way? I shouldn't have bothered...I shouldn't have cared. Luke would agree with that. I was certain.

“Doesn’t he-need-doesn’t he- want-me-any-anymore?” I sniffed and sobbed and behaved unbelievably like a baby.

“It isn’t like that” Luke whispered, patting my head “Kenny is a much better guy than that. He still wants to be friends, Sarah. You are his nightingale, after all.”

That was what he called me.

“Then-then why…?”

“There must be a strong reason. A very strong one…” he paused “It must be something I said, maybe”  There was a slight, sad chuckle in his tone.