Luke- I'm Always Victorious

“I entrusted her to you!” Kenny said, obviously loosing composure.

“I stole her from you.” I smiled “You wouldn’t have ‘entrusted’ her if you cared so much, or if you were capable. I am more capable, Ken Glesson. I have always been.”

His face was so pathetic I could no longer bear to look at it. So I left the classroom. There was still another thirty minutes until lunch break was over.

Although Sarah’s reaction had surprised me, I was glad that she finally saw light. Hard work really does pay off. It made my heart swell up with joy, half because I was extremely happy for her, and half because I'd be able to rub the 'destined' crap Kenny always talks about, back in his face.

She was laughing and chatting with Justine right outside the hall. That was the first time I had ever seen her with a female friend. It made me smile on the inside. She really was healing.

Somehow, her love for Kenny didn't feel right to me. Of course, part of the reason was because I was in love with her, but not mainly.  The way she spoke of him, made me feel like she was being controlled by him. He love; it felt like it was forced. As if she was ready to do anything for him, and when he was around, she wasn't thinking logically. She wasn't taking into account everything he said and debating on it in her mind. She was just listening to it, and believing it. It was like she was  blinded by his 'love'. Note the quotations. 

Love shouldn't be blinding. It should be enlightening. It should brighten up your life, and bring the better out of you. Not dull your senses to the obvious danger. It shouldn't suppress you like a controlling power. Love should be wilful, and that's how my love for Sarah was like. 

She hadn't completely been exposed to the truth yet, so I had to make sure she didnt fall back into the swirling vortex of Kenny's control. I had to keep her at the eye of the storm, safe and untouched. In a place where she was able to see the destruction being caused and the harm being done, without suffering any of it.

“Hey, Sarah” I greeted her, smiling “sorry about earlier this morning." I really was. I hadn't meant to offend her "I know how much he means to you" I looked down "I shouldn't have insulted him."

I couldn’t let her know I had just challenged Kenny. That was a guy thing. I have a feeling I had blushed a bit, just by thinking about how embarassing it would be if she ever found out.

Nonetheless, her progress would only be sucessful based on her response. If she accepted the apology, we had fallen back to square one. If she denied it, we were back to square one, but, if she truly, with her heart, admitted that it was her fault, I'd know the gears in her head were oiled and working. If she admitted then, that Kenny wasn't right for her, all would be well. 

I was ready for all types of responses. What I didn’t expect was a punch on my hand.

“You idiot. Why are you apologizing?” she asked, softly, looking away from me.

Why did you hit me? What did I ever do?" I was furious.

“I’m challenging you! To see who was right!” she looked away arrogantly.

Pi-ss-in-gg o-ff!

“Honestly, Sarah! What the hell?” Was this seriously the girl I loved?

She turned around and looked at me rubbing my hand where I bet the bruise was present.

That was for doing something I’m supposed to do.” She said softly again "Don't do things you aren't supposed to. Don't apologize when you haven't done anything wrong."