Sarah- Betrayal

“Get away from her!” he shouted so loud, I thought I was going to die.

“but why?”

Little did I know that I thought right. Something sharp sliced my back. Luke said something over the phone, but I couldn’t hear it because it fell out of my hand and a foot crushed it.

I was on the floor. Above me, stood a devil in disguise, bearing the face of the one I trusted.

Chestnut hair, brown eyes, beautiful face, fair skin, long legs, and a beautiful aura. That’s how I remembered her.

This time around though, Justine had white wings on her back, and a tail that looked much like it belonged to a white cheetah. She had long nails and her face shape had also changed and become longer. She wore a beautiful tiara on her head and dazzling jewelry hung from the lobes of her now elfish ears. She seemed somewhat queen like with a majestically evil ambience.

I felt the blood ooze out from my back. Her devilishly long nails too, were stained with my blood.

“I have a bad habit” she smirked “of playing with my food”

She was a Siren too. She was about to devour me.

“Not only physically playing, but also emotionally. Until they beg and cry at my feet to kill them. I should stop, don’t you think?”

I was her food all along.

A strange emotion overcame me, something really negative and rancid.

I stood up on my knees. There were so many things I wanted to say to her at that moment.

“I hate you” I spat.

“Oh. You’re a different one” she tilted her head “People usually say things like ‘Why?’ or ‘Since when?’ or ‘How?’ and some even say ‘I’m dreaming, right Justine?’” she laughed, surprised “I think your energy is different from normal humans. Not very much, but your energy frequency seems slightly higher.” She bent over and looked into my eyes.

“How long are you going to talk?” I asked.

“Oh. Just let me complete my theory” she shrugged “I’ll end you quick, I promise. Now, as I was saying: Why have you been lying to people about who you truly are? Hiding your powers like a coward! I knew the instant I met you, that you aren’t human. Why didn’t you at least tell Kenny or Luke that you’re a Siren?”

What was she talking about? Maybe she was one of the unclassified and about to lose sanity Sirens.

“I am a noble, Sarah.” She smiled “I have the power to read peoples energies, thoughts and emotions. I know your energy is different. Admit at least on your death bed that you are a Siren!”

“Well, miss. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I believe I am very much human…to the very last atom”

“Is that so?” she smirked “Well, then I should enjoy feasting on you”

I closed my eyes and prepared myself to die, but the strike never came.

When I opened one eye, a tall figure stood in front of me. It was Kenny. Justine had fallen on the floor. I guess Kenny had swatted her away.

“Sarah” he turned to me “The wound on your back is deep and you’ve lost a lot of blood”

Somehow, whatever he said wasn’t making sense. Everything around me was moving. I was dizzy and I was fainting.

He picked me up and put me next to a wall, where I sat leaning

“Don’t worry. You’re just about to faint” he whispered, then turned back to Justine.