Luke: Easy to Believe?

***A/N: I know what you guys were thinking. "She could've uploaded the next chapter while she was at it!" xD. Well, I did. and here it is. Enjoiieee! :D ***

“Check it out” Derek hit my arm to grab my attention and pointed at a paragraph in our father’s handwriting.

“It talks about his love for Nell” he chuckled “It’s stupid man!”

“You mean cute.” I insisted.

“Same thing” he ignored.

I rolled my eyes. “Skip to the important bit”

“Okay. You’re right” he shut the book “we do not want to read that.”

I laughed.

“Dad was pervert.” He sighed “Lord help the holy White family”

He did a holy cross thing and flipped past the section.

“Hey what’s that” I stopped him where I read two very familiar words—a name.

Jade Charette.

Derek began scanning it, and his smile was replaced by a scowl.

“This can’t be true” he shook his head and chucked the book in my hand.

I raced my eyes, not wanting to skip out a single detail.

I understood what Derek was thinking, but, it had to be true. It was in dad’s own handwriting.

“Derek.” I grabbed him at the elbow and looked at him meaningfully “It makes sense. That’s why she killed them.”

“Are you even reading this shit?” his eyes filled with fire “It says Marigold’s dad’s daughter! Didn’t we just read his love for Nell part of the journal?”

“But this was before” I tried to reason with him.

“Luke. Do you understand what this means?” he grabbed me by the shoulder tightly.

“We’re blood related to Marigold” I told him “Yeah, I get that, but it doesn’t—”

It all fit in.

The conversation I had with Derek last night…

“You said you didn’t” I reminded him.

“I know what I said, okay? That isn’t the problem. Dad did this. Aren’t you angry at him?” my brother demanded.

“I don’t think I am” I sighed “I get it. Jade was before he fell in love with mum. She was his ex”

and his cousin!” Derek spat.

“Yeah, but that was common amongst pure bloods!” I defended “Everybody thought dad and Jade would get married before mum came along”

“You’re defending the woman who killed our family” he accused.

“No” I disputed “I’m defending the man who raised us!”

Derek was breathing heavily.

“Derek. What’s done is done. Dad was young back then. You can’t be angry at him for thinking he was in love. A lot of people do that” I explained “The bottom line is this: are you, or are you not, in love with Marigold?”