Luke: The Switch

I groaned, not having the faintest idea of where I was. My nose stung because of the impact of Kenny’s punch, and there was a scent of blood mixed with grass.

I pushed myself up with the help of my palm, but a wound on my upper arm opened and I fell into the grass again. My entire body ached as I tried to focus on what had happened.

I turned myself over onto my back, looking at the starlit sky above.

My arm was still bleeding…the cut had been deep.

I hadn’t seen his attack coming— it was too quick. Either way, it was a good thing he didn’t know about the—

My eyes widened in shock as I reached for my pocket, to find it empty.

The seed was gone.

I tried to sit up, but it was no use. I was low on energy.

Well, at least he didn’t know where Sarah was.

How are you feeling? Dean’s voice spoke in the back of my head.

Do I have to answer?

I warned you, that it would take a toll on your body.

I couldn’t let you fight my fight I told him for what felt like the hundredth time and hauled myself upright with the help of a branch.

So, tell me Dean I began again I’m going to remember it all this time?

If you manage to survive, then yes.

Mind explaining how that works?

He sighed.

Do you remember that time, after your seal broke and Kenny took you to Sarah’s room for her to look after you?

And the next day she found out about Sirens…

Yes. Do you remember, while you had woken up temporarily, and she had left to make you some soup?

Yeah…

Do you remember what you did?

I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks. I remembered all right…but I didn’t know what drove me to hug her that way.

When I did though, I remembered getting upset because she thought I had been Kenny.

What the hell? Kenny wasn’t the only one allowed to hug her, so why was his name the first on her lips?

Exactly Dean rolled his eyes. That was you; in your Siren form, not me.

But you are my Siren form… I was confused.

No! I’m your ancestor! I control you in your Siren form, and that’s why you don’t remember the times when the seal breaks. I don’t let you remember it.

Back then, though, I couldn’t control you.

So that’s why I remember doing those things?

Yes.

It did make a little sense…

The seed’s gone… I sighed, hopelessly, leaning against a tree. I have no idea where we are…and my throat won’t stop burning.

That’s the Siren hunger. Dean explained

I needed to absorb something…

Thank you. I told Dean, for letting me control my Siren side, and for letting me fight Kenny.