Chapter Forty-Three

Eventually everyone gathered around the dining table for the delicious dinner that Harry and Anne had spent a better part of the day preparing. Harry sat at the head of the table while Louis sat on his right side and Adaley sat on his left. Everyone else gathered around their fairly large dining room and they sat in an awkward silence for a while before Anne spoke up.

"So where are you thinking of having your wedding?" She asked the two men and both of them shrugged slightly.

"We really haven't talked about a venue yet. We've been so busy with moving, settling in, and getting Adaley enrolled in school that we haven't had time to talk about anything more than the wedding party and some of the guests." Harry told his mother and she nodded.

"Who's in your wedding party?" Jay asked and Louis smiled warmly at his friends and family gathered around the table.

"For me Liam will be my best man." Louis said with a soft smile as he looked over at Liam. "And then next to him will be Lottie, then Zayn, then Lexi, and lastly will be Emma." He told the family and Jay nodded, looking over at her soon-to-be son-in-law.

"And what about you, Harry?" She asked and Harry smiled softly down at his plate.

"My 'maid of honor' so to speak will be Gemma." He started off and there was a soft gasp heard from her spot at the table.

"You're making me your maid of honor?" She whispered. "Why?" she asked and Harry noticed tears gathering in the corners of her eyes.

"Because you're not only my sister but you're my best friend. You've been there for me through everything. You were my first friend and I couldn't think of a better person to stand beside me on one of the most important days of my life." Harry told her softly and she smiled down at her hands before replying.

"You have always been such a sap." Gemma teased fondly and Harry laughed loudly.

"Next to Gemma will be Niall, then Ali, Cara, and lastly Terrance." Harry told everyone and you could see the proud look on Niall's face when he was mentioned.

"Who're some people you plan on inviting?" Anne asked and Harry chuckled softly.

"Honestly our invite list is relatively small." Harry said with a crooked grin.

"We're inviting Zayn, Niall, and Liam's families of course because they've always been our extended family and of course we're inviting our own families." Louis said and gently laid his hand over Harry's hand.

"We're also inviting Troye Sivan, Dan, Jon, Sandy and his wife, Mark, Tom Atkins, Lux of course, Lou, Paul and Clodagh, and the Azoffs because they're more than likely going to be a huge party of our lives in a year and a half and I'm also close friends with all of them." Harry said, ticking off each person on his fingers. Everyone at the table nodded except Luke, Michael, Calum, Ashton, Tayler, and Breana. The six of them all looked fairly bummed.

"Anyone else?" Ali prompted and Harry chuckled as he looked at the pouts on some of the faces at their table.

"Of course we wouldn't forget our favourite ginger who unfortunately couldn't be here tonight." Harry mentioned and Louis playfully rolled his eyes at the way Harry was putting off the obvious. "Adaley will be our flower girl and Theo is going to be our ring bearer." Harry said fondly and Adaley giggled softly.

"Oh come off it, Harold. Don't leave the poor kids waiting." Louis said in a playful tone and Harry chuckled softly.

"Fine fine fine." Harry said, waving his free hand at Louis. "We're also inviting Calum, Michael, Luke, and Ashton." He said and the four boys cheered but the remaining girls still had frowns on their faces.