Chapter Twenty-Nine

As the family sat around the table eating the simple salad with chicken Harry had made they were all silent, each deep in thought over something.

Harry, he was busy wondering what brought on Adaley's sudden mood change. Was it something he had said? Were he and Louis making the right decision in moving to Bayville? Should they stay and raise Adaley in LA where she was close to everyone? But there were a lot of dangers here in LA. There was a fairly high crime rate and there was nowhere for the little girl to play that wasn't right by the VERY busy road. He groaned and forcefully took another bit of his salad.

Louis heard his lover's groan but brushed it off, too deep in thought about not only their impending trip to Bayville but their wedding. They had their wedding party all planned out but they had no idea what colors they wanted. They had NOTHING picked out except the people that would stand with them when they got married. He glanced at Adaley and raised an eyebrow at her untouched food and perplexed expression.

Adaley was nervous about their upcoming move to Bayville and her first time in public school. What if the kids only wanted to be friends with her because her dads are part of One Direction? Would they think that she's some weirdo because she reads at a college level? Would anyone want to be friends with her at all? She felt a panic slowly closing in around her heart and lungs and her breathing started to become labored. Harry noticed her heavy breathing in the silence of the kitchen and he frowned as he looked over at her.

"Adaley? Are you okay?" Harry asked softly and Adaley furiously shook her head, pulling her knees to her chest as she started to rock her small body on the kitchen chair. Louis and Harry looked at each other in worry as Harry pulled her chair out and he kneeled down in front of her. "What is it baby? What's wrong?" he asked nervously and she opened her mouth to respond but no words came out. Harry looked up at Louis in worry.

"I think she's having a panic attack, Harry." Louis said in a calm voice and Harry's eyes widened as he remember his own panic attacks. He nodded and looked back at the terrified little girl.

"It's okay Princess. You're having a panic attack. I want you to try to calm your breathing. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Focus on your breathing. Can you do that for me?" Harry asked gently and Adaley nodded, furrowing her eyebrows in concentration. As Harry watched Adaley carefully Louis had grabbed her a glass of water.

"She needs to drink too, babe." Louis whispered and Harry nodded, picking up the clear glass.

"Do you think you can take a drink?" Harry asked, holding the glass up. Adaley hesitated for a moment before nodding. She took the glass from Harry with shaky hands and she drank the entire glass. Her breathing started to return to normal and Harry smiled, holding his arms open for her. She nearly threw herself into his chest and hugged his neck tightly as Harry gently rubbed her back. "Do you want to tell me what brought the panic attack on?" he asked carefully and Adaley nervously nodded.

"I was thinking about moving to Bayville and it made me really anxious." Adaley said softly and Harry nodded, somewhat understanding what she was talking about.

"Don't let your thoughts get to you. Everything will be okay and I know that you'll make a lot of friends." Harry said positively and Adaley smiled, hugging him again.

"Thank you Daddy." She murmured and Harry stood up, setting the girl on his hip.

"I think we should go out and do something today." Louis said and Harry cocked his head to the side.

"We who?" Harry asked as Adaley played with one of his long ringlets.

"The three of us and anyone else who wants to tag along. I figured we can go to the park or to the footie field." Louis suggested and Harry looked at Adaley who was nodding.